PDA

View Full Version : Sending invoice by thru paypal...

Chuck Wintle
11-11-2012, 7:56 PM
If I send an invoice by paypal where or how does the money end up in my account?

Mike Henderson
11-11-2012, 8:06 PM
The person receiving the invoice must have a PayPal account. They go through a payment sequence in PayPal and the money comes from their bank account or credit card and appears in your account. Depending on a bunch of things, the money may or may not immediately appear in your account.

You, in turn, can transfer that money to your bank account, or use it to make a purchase with PayPal.

Mike

Jim Becker
11-11-2012, 8:15 PM
If someone doesn't have a PayPal account, they can still pay via Credit Card at the PayPal site.

Mike Henderson
11-11-2012, 8:43 PM
If someone doesn't have a PayPal account, they can still pay via Credit Card at the PayPal site.
I didn't know that but it makes sense. Thanks for the correction.

Mike

Andrew Pitonyak
11-12-2012, 4:00 PM

I think that is only true if you have a PayPal account that can accept credit card payments (at least that used to be true). When I would sell on ebay, I initially stated that I would not accept CC payments through paypal, and they killed the listing because they said that it was against the TOS, and in the end, when a person wanted to pay with a CC, I ended up changing my account type, which then charged me higher fees for every transaction.

Now, this was years ago, and I just expect that they are more evil today than then..... for no particular reason.

Robert McGowen
11-12-2012, 7:21 PM
Jim is correct on this one. You can pay some one through Paypal with a credit card.