PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

Ken Fitzgerald
11-11-2012, 10:49 AM
To all my fellow veterans of the armed forces of this country......Thanks for serving!

To those who gave all....you will not be forgotten.

Jim Burr
11-11-2012, 10:53 AM
And to you to Ken!! Sometimes I wish I was still out there. And to those coming home..."Welcome Home!"

Paul McGaha
11-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Thank you Vets.

God bless you and your families.

PHM

Dave Anderson NH
11-11-2012, 7:26 PM
For me it has been a great weekend. Yesterday I helped celebrate the 237th birthday of the United States Marine Corps with a group of about 100 fellow Combined Action Program Marines who served with me in Vietnam. It was done with appropriate ceremony and not a little emotion as we remembered our friends and comrades who paid the ultimate price. Our reunion falls each year on the weekend of the birthday and over Veteran's Day. We remember and honor those 20% of us who never got the opportunity to live full lives. Less than 10% of our membership lacks at least 1 Purple Heart. Today we continued our weekend by observing Veteran's Day. I was blessed to get to see 2 friends who I last saw 44 years ago. Because of our shared experiences it was like we were never apart. All together a very moving experience with lots of bear hugs and tears.

To all veterans of eras. Thank you for your service.

To those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.

Mike Henderson
11-11-2012, 8:11 PM
And a happy Veterans Day to you and to other veterans who read this thread. Attitudes today about veterans are a lot different from the time of the Vietnam war, and I'm glad to see the change.

Mike

Steve Schlumpf
11-11-2012, 8:39 PM
Happy Veterans Day! Thanks to all who served!

Lori Kleinberg
11-11-2012, 9:15 PM
Thank you to all the Veterans.