PDA

View Full Version : workbench question

everett lowell
04-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Im making the leg set for my homemade cabinetmakers bench,should I make the feet as wide as the top or a little wider??? thanks in advance for any help!:)

Zahid Naqvi
04-21-2005, 2:25 PM
Im making the leg set for my homemade cabinetmakers bench,should I make the feet as wide as the top or a little wider??? thanks in advance for any help!:)

The legs should definately be narrower, you should leave at least a 4" apron all around the table or your knees and toes will keep hitting the bench legs and you will always be stooping over for planing and scraping.

everett lowell
04-21-2005, 3:00 PM
The legs should definately be narrower, you should leave at least a 4" apron all around the table or your knees and toes will keep hitting the bench legs and you will always be stooping over for planing and scraping.Thanks zahid, I know what your talking about but I should have added was that its going to be an open base,what would you call it....''trestle?'' style.:confused:

Alan Turner
04-21-2005, 9:19 PM
My feet are sled type, with open trestle base, and are set back 1" from the bench edge, but the legs are back 4.25" and this has been comfortable.