PDA

View Full Version : More bad news

David Wilson
04-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Sory I have been missing for the last few weeks but things havn't been giong well. LOML and I went to Wisconson to visit the inlaws for Easter. Mother in law was diagnosed with ALS about three years ago and has been getting worse. The following sunday we got a call that she had passed away. Another trip to WI for the funeral. Returned to Minnesota on april 10th and got another call on the 12th that the father in law had had a stroke. He is back home now and will be going into a Nursing Home for rehab soon. This has been a very bad year for the wife and I am at my wits end trying to be supportive. Maby I can get some shop time in this weekend. Thanks for letting me rant.

Dave Anderson NH
04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
MY sympathies Dave. Times like this are tough on a spouse and can cause depression. Be prepared to see glum looks, distracted behavior, and other non normal things. About all you can do is tell her you love her and hold her tightly more often than normal.

Jeff Sudmeier
04-21-2005, 1:09 PM
David,

I am sorry to hear of all of that bad news at once :(

I truely hope that things will get better for you real soon. Sounds like some shop time is in order to discract you.

Dick Parr
04-21-2005, 3:55 PM
Sorry to here everything is going bad David. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jim Becker
04-21-2005, 4:50 PM
I hope things smooth out for you and yours, David.

Darren Ford
04-21-2005, 5:03 PM
Sorry to hear, hang in there you will make it.

Norman Hitt
04-21-2005, 5:38 PM
Sory I have been missing for the last few weeks but things havn't been giong well. LOML and I went to Wisconson to visit the inlaws for Easter. Mother in law was diagnosed with ALS about three years ago and has been getting worse. The following sunday we got a call that she had passed away. Another trip to WI for the funeral. Returned to Minnesota on april 10th and got another call on the 12th that the father in law had had a stroke. He is back home now and will be going into a Nursing Home for rehab soon. This has been a very bad year for the wife and I am at my wits end trying to be supportive. Maby I can get some shop time in this weekend. Thanks for letting me rant.

Boy, David, it sure sounds like Mr. Murphy has been visiting your household as well as mine (for the last year and a half). It seems like some years "Everything" happens, and it seems like it will never end, but Hang in there. You certainly have my sympathies and best wishes for better times.

Karl Laustrup
04-21-2005, 5:41 PM
Dave, you have our sympathies. While hard on both of you, I would imagine it is really hard on your wife. Our thoughts and prayers for your family.

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
04-21-2005, 6:07 PM
My thoughts and prayers to you and your wife Dave!

Randy Moore
04-21-2005, 8:22 PM
David,

You and your family will be in our prayers. It is terrible to have a loved one pass on but you got hit with a double whammy with the FIL health problems too.
Let us know if there is anything we can do--GET ON HERE AND RANT ALL YOU WANT.