PDA

View Full Version : Norm's new toy?

Russell Svenningsen
04-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Just visited newyankee.com and Norm is in the shop. However, sitting on his Delta lathe is what appears to be an Akeda dovetail jig. Am I correct? I have seen him use his Leigh many times, but didn't know he'd gotten the Akeda.

Must be rough having new tools sent to you for free anytime you'd like.

Have a good day!

Russell

Jeff Sudmeier
04-21-2005, 1:02 PM
Yeah but just think of the advantage to Akeda. Already you have many people viewing this thread and seeing the Akeda name. No such thing as bad press as they say :)

Jim Becker
04-21-2005, 6:12 PM
Hard to tell from that view....the webcam is a bit fuzzy. (They also changed it's position, apparently to get more of the shop in the view)

'Could be the Akeda, but it also could be the new 16" Leigh D-16. I'm sure we'll all find out next year...hee hee

Corey Hallagan
04-21-2005, 8:12 PM
That is a neat site, never been there before. Question, I remember somebody saying that the shop cabinets that Norm did in the series used some really quick construction methods etc or some ingenious design. Does anybody know what it is that norm did different or so special. Just curious.

Thanks,
Corey

Nick Mitchell
04-21-2005, 8:25 PM
I think Jim's righht..it's the little Leigh.

Hard to tell from that view....the webcam is a bit fuzzy. (They also changed it's position, apparently to get more of the shop in the view)

'Could be the Akeda, but it also could be the new 16" Leigh D-16. I'm sure we'll all find out next year...hee hee