PDA

View Full Version : something for weddings made on paper

Bruno Piancatelli
11-09-2012, 5:41 PM

Hello.
Here´s something Im making for a wedding planner. there are other similar in shape for other events.
its not big jobs but its something to start with.

the only "difficulty" is hitting the right speed/power setting for the scrible markins on the couple so the lines are not too pale nor they go too deep and cut thru.
I guess it could be solved with thicker paper.

Dee Gallo
11-09-2012, 6:34 PM
Adorable! Good idea for tables and easily customized to match any decoration theme.

cheers, dee

Dan Hintz
11-11-2012, 2:03 PM
Take the table out of focus a few notches... you'll get a wider line, but the same power will burn but not cut through.

Jiten Patel
11-12-2012, 4:24 AM
Hey Bruno,

Nice and quirky, great for a fun wedding.

You could lay over a second layer with just the bits that do not cut through and hit them with a second pass. Quicker that running the whole file again and saves the already cut parts from charring.

Bruno Piancatelli
11-12-2012, 6:10 AM
thanks for the advices.

Jiten: it seems like the tiny curves and lines like the eyes, or small details. are the ones that usually end up lighter than the rest.
its a good idea to copy/paste those on top of eachother to have them run twice.

Walt Langhans
11-12-2012, 7:58 AM
Take the table out of focus a few notches... you'll get a wider line,

Lower the table or raise it? Or does it matter which way you go?

Dan Hintz
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Lower the table or raise it? Or does it matter which way you go?
Note really, but I prefer to lower the table as it takes items that may smoke farther from the optics...

Martin Boekers
11-14-2012, 9:45 AM
Consider printing the "scribble" area on a laser printer then do the cutout. This will save lots of time
as I am sure rastering the graphic takes some time. Also it would make the product more consistant
and you have the option of adding color. Nice creativity!

Bruno Piancatelli
11-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Consider printing the "scribble" area on a laser printer then do the cutout. This will save lots of time
as I am sure rastering the graphic takes some time. Also it would make the product more consistant
and you have the option of adding color. Nice creativity!

its another option to consider, though it may need some planning to get things aligned and centered.
the drawings are vector engraved, it takes around 30 or 40 seconds at 60mm/s. if I had to do it by rastering it would take too long and it wouldnt be comercially viable.