PDA

View Full Version : Jessum Mast-R-Lift problem

Greg Urwiller
11-09-2012, 5:30 PM
Last year I bought a Jessum Mast-R-Lift and a PC 7518 router to go with it. This was the "old style imported" model 02101A that was being cleared out. The intention was to build a router table to use this pair with. Well, I FINALLY got the table done! So today I tried to assemble the lift and router but I'm having trouble getting the router to fit down into the lift. The clamp section is loose, but I can't get the router body to fit down through the rest of the circular portion of the bracket. There's nowhere to tap on the router except the rear end, but this is all plastic so I don't dare use much more than my hand/fist to try to force it into the clamp. The instructions indicate you should just drop it in and tighten up the clamp. I'm sure others out there have had this setup. Any suggestions or tips before I call/email Jessum? Thanks. Greg

Kurt Cady
11-09-2012, 6:16 PM
Yikes! I too bought the same lift and am hopefully installing it this weekend.

I will try to remember to update this thread when/if I get the router up and running

Robert Chapman
11-10-2012, 9:02 AM
My experience with Jessem is that they are very customer friendly and will be able to help you solve your problem if you contact them.

Greg Urwiller
11-10-2012, 9:51 AM
I've emailed them but won't hear back till next week. Was hoping to have it up and running this weekend.

Greg Urwiller
11-10-2012, 3:34 PM
OK...problem solved! I took another look at it and tried everything again. Even tho I had the connecting bolt loose, I backed it up more, putting back pressure on the clamp. There's 3 posts (at 12 o'clock, 3, and 6) holding the 2 clamp bodies and I didn't figure that they would ever allow the clamp to spread. But...they did. Set the router down and was going to try and work it in and just about dropped it and smashed my fingers. Tightened the clamp up and it fits perfectly. I think this will be a nice setup. Thanks for listening. Greg

Chip Lindley
11-10-2012, 4:05 PM
The clamp section is loose, but I can't get the router body to fit down through the rest of the circular portion of the bracket. There's nowhere to tap on the router except the rear end, but this is all plastic so I don't dare use much more than my hand/fist to try to force it into the clamp. The instructions indicate you should just drop it in and tighten up the clamp. I'm sure others out there have had this setup. Any suggestions or tips before I call/email Jessum? Thanks. Greg

Glad you did not try to pound the router barrel in place! I suspect your situation is why those "off-shore" Jessems were sold at bargain prices. Just a silly fraction of a mm. off!

with a screwdriver, try "GENTLY" prying the clamp opening open just barely a smidge! A fraction is all you need to achieve a GO fit! Do not overdo it, and the P-C router barrel should slide right in!

~~Chip~~