PDA

View Full Version : New Project = New Tools = Dewalt Letdown

Mike Deschler
04-21-2005, 11:04 AM
I really appreciate my wife when it comes down to doing a new project when all I have to do is to mention a new tool purchase is needed to do the job correctly. She seldom has any problems with any new toys for the shop. I guess she thinks that is cheaper than chasing other women or a fast car.

Anyway she decided on a new stairway and as a result, I am obligated to do so providing I get a new 15ga finish nailer to complement the others I already have. After much reseach, I decided on a Dewalt D51275 and ordered it from Amazon.

It arrived the other day with the outer carton in not too good condition but I accepted it anyway know that there is other packing in the package. Upon opening the Dewalt hard case, I found the nailer to be undamaged but to my surprise, it was missing its trigger lever. Since I am out of time, I called Dewalt and they are shipping the missing parts on an expedited basis.

Now the question to the group is; since the trigger is missing, would the nailer have even been tested before leaving the factory and if so, should I even consider keeping it considering the time constraints I have or should I get a replacement?

Jeff Sudmeier
04-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Mike,

I would talk to both Amazon and Dewalt about your concerns. I would doubt that every nailer that Dewalt ships is tested, yours pretty much assures that.

Get a response in writing from either Dewalt or Amazon that they will make this right for you.

Dennis McDonaugh
04-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Mike, I don't think this is going to be a problem except maybe for your schedule. If the trigger doesn't fix the problem I'm confident Dewalt of Amazon will make it right. Does B&D have a service center near you?