PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Gloat!

Maurice Ungaro
04-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Well, it started back in October, when Redmond had a special going on American made Delta 14" Bandsaws (28-299).......$489....not shabby at all. My sweet bride allows me to get this as my Christmas present :D . At the time of purchase (October), I don't have my garage/shop/carriage house built yet, so Redmond says "no problem, we'll store it for you even if it takes nine months". OKAY! Store it I said, after paying for it.

Now the garage/shop/carriage house is complete enough, and I'm populating the shop with my long stored tools. I called Redmond on Tuesday to notify them that I was coming to fetch my meager 14" BS. After some SERIOUS apologies and warehouse searching, they notified me that they had sold my previously purchased saw. To their credit, the staff couldn't stop apologizing, and promised that the next shipment of Delta reconditioned saws would have mine in it. The kicker is, the model 28-299 is no longer available, and I'll have to get by with the 28-475X..........that's right, and X5 model at no cost to me!! WOOHOO! I'll have to live with an extra .5 hp in the motor, but I'll manage some how. Also, they said that for my troubles, they'd deliver it to me, gratis.

Wes Newman
04-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Maurice, That's really too bad, but I'm sure you'll find a way to use that extra half horse.;)

Ken Salisbury
04-21-2005, 11:17 AM
CONGRATS !!
EVEN A BLIND HOG FINDS AN ACORN EVERY NOW AND THEN

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/smiley2.gif

Jeff Sudmeier
04-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Congrats. Redmond did you well to offer to store the bandsaw for you. Warehousing costs are NOT cheap. They also seem to be making it right with you.

lou sansone
04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
excellent ... way to go.. I am sure that you will like the saw.

lou

Steve Roxberg
04-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Redmonds is a class operation. They are honest and have always done the right thing when it comes to the client.

Congrats, not a bad deal at all.

Mark Singer
04-21-2005, 11:41 AM
That is great!!!!

Darren Ford
04-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what is that lever for? Did you get a plunge bandsaw?

edit: Ah-ha. A quick tension release. Fancy!

Tom Pritchard
04-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Maurice, a great story with a very happy ending! Congratulations on your new saw!

Tim Morton
04-21-2005, 10:52 PM
I ordered the 14" bandsaw "special" from redmonds today....I wonder if I ask them to hold on to....no never mind:cool:

Congrats on the free upgrade..they seemed to be a great company talking to them on the phone today.

Gary Max
04-22-2005, 5:11 AM
You might want to look at something else----I think you upgraded the warranty by getting the X Model----they are 5 years?????????

Maurice Ungaro
04-22-2005, 8:54 AM
You might want to look at something else----I think you upgraded the warranty by getting the X Model----they are 5 years?????????
Gary, I thought about that too, but since this is a reconditioned unit, I think that warranty time is reduced - that's ok, the warranty on the reconditioned 28-299 that I originally bought was only 6 months. I also thought about the $50 rebate or a free tool, but......oh, well, it's still a great deal!

Tim, you can give it a shot!

Maurice