PDA

View Full Version : Jet Mini parts??

John M. Cioffi
04-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi All,

I have a Jet mini lathe with a stripped tool rest handle. Does anyone know how I can go about replacing this? I saw the Jet rep at one of the stores,a while back & he was going to send me one, but never did.
What are my choices, as I am using a mini grip pliers.
Thanks for your replies & help.
John

Blake McCully
04-21-2005, 11:34 AM
John,
Had the same problem myself. Twice. I called jet and ordered the entire mechanism, the set screw, spring, and handle. It stripped out again, so now I use a pair of channel locks to adjust my tool rest.

LOML has a jet mini as well, hers is newer than mine and she hasn't had a problem with hers. I noticed that the lever on her mini seems more substantial than the one on mine. I'm thinking about getting her owners manual and maybe try to order the same one. If not, I've been using the channel lock method for so long that I may just keep on doing it.

John Shuk
04-21-2005, 3:48 PM
Is it under warranty? Jet will send you one NO QUESTIONS ASKED! The post on my tool rest on my 1236 was dinged up from the set screw and they sent me the whole thing in 2 days.

Blake McCully
04-22-2005, 8:48 AM
No, unfortunately the warranty has expired. BUT, if things work out as I hope they will, a new Oneway may be on my horizon. I'll keep my mini for other stuff, actually 'cause I won't want to get rid of it :rolleyes:

Russ Massery
04-22-2005, 9:24 AM
There a fix for this maybe Ken will chime on it, it seems the nut at the bottom strips real easy. Look back in the search for other threads in this matter, I've seen a fix before for this problem.

Terre Hooks
04-24-2005, 9:29 PM
I will try to get someone at Jet to help you on Monday.

Greg Heppeard
04-24-2005, 10:00 PM
John,

Give your local Woodcraft a call and see if they can help, I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing that for you