PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Artisan Center - Thumbs Up

Mark Hubl
11-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Last week my wife and I took a road trip to the North Georgia Mountains. It was my first time in these areas of the country. I am now officially jealous of all you creekers in KY, TN, NC and GA. Lovely country, great drives and wonderful fall color.

One of my goals for the trip was to spend a couple of hours in Berea on the way home. We did get to Berea and I would recommend it to all, nice campus and galleries full of wonderful work.

Also on the target list was the Kentucky Artisan Center, located in Berea as well. This is a very nice gallery representing the artisans of Kentucky. Lots and lots of wonderful things there. Several of the regular contributors here on the creek were prominently featured. It was great to see their work up close and personal.

Well done guys, the work was very nice! Anyone traveling along 75 would do themselves a favor by stopping and taking it in.

steven carter
11-08-2012, 8:51 AM
Could not agree more, I stop there every year in October on the way to, or from Florida.

Jamie Donaldson
11-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Mark, you didn't mention if you sampled the bread pudding, as the food at the Artisan Center is excellent "down home" cookin' and a good stopping place for travelers. Its also one of my best retail sales galleries due to the number of out of area travelers passing through the state.

Mark Hubl
11-09-2012, 1:28 AM
Jamie, Unfortunately the cafe had just closed by the time we arrived. But it looked like a nice spot to have a bite to eat. We did get some Happy Balls though! Your work looked great, and the Christmas tree ornaments have got me thinking I need to get in the shop and make some gifts pronto.