PDA

View Full Version : After turning for the past 25 yrs. I just tried.....

Jamie Donaldson
11-07-2012, 9:51 PM
...something I had not done before now. This plate/bowl(?) with a wide rim and undercut inner edge was a potential sanding nightmare, but my trusty Hunter #5 tool cut the endgrain just fine. This piece came out so well that I might try another some day! Ambrosia Maple 11"W245100

Roger Chandler
11-07-2012, 10:00 PM
VERY nice piece here Jamie.......I like the rim details..........pretty wood as well....... what was your finish? Nice to see you post some work!

Tim Rinehart
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Nice detail and I'd agree that sort of tool excels in applications like that.

Kathy Marshall
11-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Looks great Jamie! I like the rim detail and that's some really nice ambrosia maple. Maybe you should turn bowls a little more often!

Mark Hubl
11-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Very nice. The wood is beautiful and so is the form. Bout time you got around to one of these.

Jim Burr
11-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Nice!!! Since you may do more...maybe a full bead on the inner rim? That undercut is fun...right?

Bernie Weishapl
11-07-2012, 11:40 PM
That is a beauty Jamie. I do like my hunter tools for item such as that.

mark ravensdale
11-16-2012, 7:27 PM
Beautiful piece Jamie, that wood is very nice, never had the pleasure of turning any as of yet, never seen any for sale over here in the UK,
Maybe you could be generous and send me a shipping crate or two of it (only kidding :))
I was just lucky enough a few weeks ago to drop on some sweet chestnut (around 1/4 to 1/3 of a ton) from a building site, the site foreman said there had been around 7 to 8 ton of it the night before but it had all been stolen over night, probably for firewood!!!, he said I was the only person who had good enough manners to ASK if I could have some, makes my heart bleed when I think of all that wood going up in smoke instead of shavings, however I did manage to get 4 or 5 fantastic crotch pieces that were left by these thieves !!!