PDA

View Full Version : Who uses 3M PTFE Glass Cloth Tape?

John Weber
04-21-2005, 9:33 AM
I have about 3 cases of this very expensive tape (about $116 per roll) that I would like to sell at a good discount, but I'm not sure who uses it to even advertise it. Here is the discription:

3M 5453 - PTFE Glass Cloth Tape
Brown, 8.3 mil (0.21 mm) glass cloth tape impregnated with PTFE and silicone adhesive. 5453 is a heat seal tape. Provides a high temperature release surface for protection and insulation such as the bar underneath where the hot wire seals plastic film.

Any ideas?

Thanks - John

Norman Hitt
04-21-2005, 5:44 PM
I have about 3 cases of this very expensive tape (about $116 per roll) that I would like to sell at a good discount, but I'm not sure who uses it to even advertise it. Here is the discription:

3M 5453 - PTFE Glass Cloth Tape
Brown, 8.3 mil (0.21 mm) glass cloth tape impregnated with PTFE and silicone adhesive. 5453 is a heat seal tape. Provides a high temperature release surface for protection and insulation such as the bar underneath where the hot wire seals plastic film.

Any ideas?

Thanks - John

John, have you tried contacting 3M to see what applications they recommend it for, and it's normal advertised uses?

Michael McDuffie
04-22-2005, 6:46 PM
John,
I'll check at work (if I remember:confused:). We use PTFE tape on the former tubes of our verticle form and fill baggers, all 11 of them. What the heck are VFF baggers you ask? They form and fill the pouch of food substance you find when you open the box.;)
The only concern is if they can be considered food grade.

Michael