PDA

View Full Version : Did y'all see the latest Pop Wood issue?

Bob Winkler
04-21-2005, 7:36 AM
I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the coverage given to handtools in the latest Popular Woodworking issue. I'm new to this handtool stuff, but I am definitely starting to see a slight momemtum shift in the tool world. Companies like LV and LN are really having an impact. The latest Pop Wood had an article comparing the two companies. I found it entertaining, informative, and objective. There was also a good article on chisels and of Anderson Planes.

Maybe in the past this stuff was always written about and I ignored it, but I hope they keep the Neanderthal stuff coming.:)

Bob

Jeff Sudmeier
04-21-2005, 8:31 AM
Bob,

This is funny. I have my latest Pop Wood magazine open to that page! I read it a little at a time over about a weeks time. Tonight I will get to read that article :)

Brad Schmid
04-21-2005, 9:50 AM
I also just read both articles last night and thought they were quite good. Having been bitten my the hand plane bug recently, it was timely for me. The history behind LV and L-N along with their approach and direction was very interesting.
Brad

JayStPeter
04-21-2005, 11:04 AM
PWW is becoming one of my favorite mags now. It's recent focus shift toward hand tools is refreshing over some of the rehashed stuff in the other mags.

Jay

Ed Hardin
04-21-2005, 11:06 AM
You know I used to sand everything in sight and wonder about the hills and valleys. Now I pick up a plane and have a flat surface and smooth as my new grandaughters behind. Sometimes the old ways have the new ways beat all hollow.