PDA

View Full Version : T g i ... E d

Brian Tymchak
11-06-2012, 8:11 AM
... Election Day. Only 1 more day of the numbing attack adds.

Being designated a swing state should be considered "cruel and unusual punishment".. :mad:

Mike Null
11-06-2012, 8:13 AM
But the Bucks are 10-0. What more could you want?

Brian Tymchak
11-06-2012, 8:17 AM

:D Excellent point Mike!! :D I think I can make it through the day with that!

Matt Meiser
11-06-2012, 8:30 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath on it being over by morning. The ads maybe, but the lawsuits will start tomorrow if the results are close. The news in Toledo was reporting over the weekend that they are already planning their legal strategies.

Jason Roehl
11-06-2012, 8:34 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath on it being over by morning. The ads maybe, but the lawsuits will start tomorrow if the results are close. The news in Toledo was reporting over the weekend that they are already planning their legal strategies.

This one could be ugly on a number of fronts--in the courtrooms and on the streets.

Brian Tymchak
11-06-2012, 8:40 AM
I've heard the same Matt and it's so disappointing that politics has fallen to such a disgraceful state. The really unfortunate thing is that the voting id rules changed a couple times before the election, and I've read that that has caused a larger than normal number of provisional ballots. That could really cause a mess for a while.

But I think I can stretch the good feelings of the campaigns being over out for a good week or so.. :)

John Pratt
11-06-2012, 9:03 AM
Just think, Wednesday starts the campaign for 2014 and 2016. Wow, I can't wait!!(obvious sarcasm)

Rich Engelhardt
11-06-2012, 9:13 AM
Brian,
I couldn't agree more...
We've been getting 11 calls a day for the last two weeks.

I'm not sure if I'm glad or sad it's all about to be over....

It was kind of nice to have all those VIP's and entertainment people call and want to chat with little old me :D

Edit to add - LOL! I was going to comment that it was 15 min past 9 already & so far the phne hadn't rung.
Just as I hit the submit though the phone rang.

This was a new one! One I hadn't heard before.
A pitch to "vote for the future of the Catholic Church in Ohio".

Is the Pope a write in?

Rod Sheridan
11-06-2012, 9:14 AM
Just think, Wednesday starts the campaign for 2014 and 2016. Wow, I can't wait!!(obvious sarcasm)

LOL..........Now that was funny John, unfortunately maybe true as well..................Regards, Rod.

Matt Meiser
11-06-2012, 9:28 AM
It started a couple hours ago apparently: http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2012/11/06/biden-election-day-vote-delaware/1685279/

Brian Tymchak
11-06-2012, 9:43 AM

Nice Buzz Kill John... ;)

Mel Fulks
11-06-2012, 9:45 AM
It has always been a messy and expensive process, I don't think it's fallen. It's just more high tech. We need the candidates to bring back the whiskey barrel comraderie of the early days....àlthough that could bring the violence of post ball game riots into politics.

Chris Kennedy
11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I've had three phone calls already, all ostensibly from a different person (representing the same organization). All of them sounded like the exact same person.

Tomorrow -- tomorrow, I stop being harassed. I hate living in a battleground state.

Chris

Kent A Bathurst
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM

Ummm........welll........maybe a chance to play in the Big10 title game, or Rose Bowl, or BCS?

:D :D

Sincerely;

Spartan fan

I know - I know - Urban will make me pay for that.

Jim Creech
11-06-2012, 12:16 PM
All I can say is no matter who's side you are on the clear winner of this election is the media! How many billions have been spent on campaign ads?

Rick Potter
11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I decided to have fun with all those political calls. No matter who calls me, I agree with them and enthusiasticly support them. One caller was so shocked, she couldn't stop thanking me, and reminding me where the polling place is.

This way is a win/win. The callers are happy knowing they have scored, and I am happy, instead of being disgruntled, that I wasted their time.

I cannot help but think most of us knew how we were going to vote a looooong time ago.

Rick Potter

Bob Turkovich
11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Ummm........welll........maybe a chance to play in the Big10 title game, or Rose Bowl, or BCS?

Sincerely;

Spartan fan

Beat me to it, Kent.:D (I had a good excuse...went out to cast my vote.)

Dave Anderson NH
11-06-2012, 12:37 PM
No crying about being in a battleground state folks. You should live here in NH where not only are we a battleground for our 4 puny electoral votes, but we are also the first in the nation primary. This means that within days after the election politicians hopeful of running 4 years from now will start visiting to "confer" and and hunt for potential supporters. Within 1 year after the election we will see the first exploratory committees formed and the visits will become more frequent. When it becomes 2 years until the next election the candidates will be out stumping and TV and radio ads will begin to appear along with the invitations to "meet and greets", the effluvia of junk mail starts, and you will be able to toss a stick in any direction and strike someone's political operative. The process is now so continuous that we literally only have until slightly after the start of the new year before the madness begins again albeit at an initially slower pace.

I did my civic duty this morning and about this time tomorrow I will safely be on my vacation. I am totally burned out watching and listening to the endless and repetitive vicious and distorted attack ads from both parties and the "independent" super PACs. Who knows, I might even try to find out who won within a day or two.

Brian Tymchak
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Sincerely;

Spartan fan

Rub it in Kent... ;) We're just taking a year off, gettin' ready for a run of National Champ titles.. :D (I'm sure I'll hear from someone in SEC land on that one.. )

Seriously, everyone around here is pretty much amazed at being 10-0. I figured we would go 8-4 (at best 9-3) particularly after a pretty shaky non-conf schedule. But Urban has lit a fire under those guys. 2 tough games coming up though (WI, MI), and particularly WI on the road. I'm already very happy with 10-2. I'll be ecstatic with 11-1. Still not quite ready to imagine 12-0 happening.

Todd Burch
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
... I did my civic duty this morning and ....

You filed for welfare?

LOL. My son said this to me a few weeks ago. I thought it was hilarious.

Mel Fulks
11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Dave, that is all true.But it's profitable too. I was there in 1976 and heard Reagan speak at a school and talked with him. The whole scene with earnest children, tense secret service guys, and skeptical locals , was delightful !

Jason Roehl
11-06-2012, 1:06 PM
I'm with you, Dave. Indiana has one of the later primary dates, and the kings of the parties are usually already crowned by the time that date rolls around, so there is little turnout for the primaries. I'd be all for all primaries being on one day. Make 'em earn it!

Jim Rimmer
11-06-2012, 1:37 PM
One of the many benefits of living in Texas is our primary is so late that it is superfluous so not much campaigning for it. We are such a Red state that there is very little national campaigning. They only show up to raise money and that's at an economic level that I don't even know they are here. We only have to put up with state and local campaigns and they can get pretty nasty but also offer some comic relief.

Bryan Slimp
11-06-2012, 1:57 PM
Won't Urban have quit and comeback by next year?