PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Box Filler

Bruce Markwardt
11-05-2012, 4:31 PM
I am making some small wooden boxes for Christmas gifts. The boxes will end up shaped like an angel with the top being the head and the bottom the body. When I showed the first one to my wife she commented that it would be a much nicer gift if it had something inside it. The cavity in the box is approximately 1 1/2" wide by 2 1/2" deep. Any idea what I could put in there to augment the box? Something Christmas themed, or angel themed would be preferred. Thanks!

Dale Coons
11-05-2012, 4:36 PM
Around here some of the specialty shops carry european ornament-shaped chocolates with little strings to hang on the tree--we always get some for ours. A couple of those would fit inside nicely.

Rodney Walker
11-05-2012, 4:51 PM
Your wife is right, you shouldn't give an empty box. Candy is pretty much always good. Do you have any places that make candy in your area? It would be hard to go wrong with an item made by you that's filled with a local treat.
Rodney

Bruce Markwardt
11-05-2012, 5:02 PM
I think some kind of specialty candy could be good. I like the chocolate ornament idea.

I had actually thought some miniature candy canes would work - if anyone actually makes such a thing!

Google, here I come...

Jim Burr
11-05-2012, 5:47 PM
You could make your own taffy of caramel, making it can also a fun day for you and the wife!

Bruce Markwardt
11-05-2012, 6:26 PM
I guess all of the suggestions are food related! I am thinking maybe I need to make these bigger so that they can hold more/larger stuff. That's why I wanted to get one semi-done just to kind of see where I am at.

Doug Herzberg
11-05-2012, 7:38 PM
You could turn an angel ornament and put it inside.