PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed with Univerisal 1-Touch Laser Photo

Shane McGinley
11-05-2012, 4:04 PM
We have been trying to get the correct setting down for the Universal 1-Touch Laser Photo for quite some time. We have been engraving on cast acrylic with mixed results.

We have used both 100 spd/30 pwr and 50 spd/15 pwr with 1000 ppi and 7 ID. We have been getting some banding lines as well as lines that seem to not engrave (thicker lines that look like it wasn't lasered in that specific area).

Anyone out there engrave photos on cast acrylic using 1-Touch Laser Photo? If so, we would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you in advance!

Scott Shepherd
11-05-2012, 4:55 PM
That's WAYYYYYY to high a resolution. You should be at 4 or 5 on image density. PPI down to 400-500.

Shane McGinley
11-05-2012, 4:58 PM
Scott,

Thank you for the response.

We have just tried ID of 5 and PPI of 300 and the image looks much better. Do you think 300 ppi would be substantial enough?

Scott Shepherd
11-05-2012, 5:32 PM
I don't know your exact application (size, etc.), but it's quite possible ID of 4 and 300DPI is just fine. I think your power is very close also, so good job on that. Most people overpower acrylic. It doesn't take much. Too much power can also cause banding issues.

Shane McGinley
11-05-2012, 6:11 PM
Scott,

Thank you again for your quick reply.

We were noticing A LOT of banding issues (both vertically and horizontally) when engraving at ID 7 and 1000 PPI. It seems now the problem has went away with your setting, as we greatly appreciate it!

Scott Shepherd
11-05-2012, 6:22 PM
You're welcome. Glad I could help. As a general rule, there are very very few times your ID needs to be over 5. Only one I can think of is something like Cermark on metal. Other than that, don't engrave things above 5 and if you can get away with 4, you can try that. It'll save you a LOT of time and not change the quality enough to matter for most things.

Shane McGinley
11-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Scott,

That's great to know as I will make a note of that for future reference. Thank you again!