PDA

View Full Version : Another Generous Creeker.....

Wally Dickerman
11-05-2012, 2:33 PM
I posted here a few weeks ago that my wife had had some serious surgery here in Portland Or and that I had set up a home-away-from-home shop in my daughter's basement. My wife is still in a rehab facility so we'll be here for a while... (If I'm away from woodturning for very long I get serious withdrawal symptoms)

Fellow woodturner and Creeker Nick Stagg contacted me with an offer of some dry wood to turn on my new little lathe. Last week I took the 60 mile trip south to visit Nick. He sent me home with a bunch of dry maple burl blanks and some roughed out bowls to finish turning... Nick, many thanks for your generosity.

Keeping myself busy turning is helping to keep my mind off the warm sunshine I'm missing back home in Arizona.

Jim Burr
11-05-2012, 3:12 PM
Pat on the back for ya Nick!!

Ted Calver
11-05-2012, 4:07 PM
Attaboy Nick!!

Peter Blair
11-05-2012, 7:51 PM
Once again just goes to prove how generous Creekers are!! Happy to be a part of that group!

Steve Mawson
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Pretty neat Wally, does not surprise me with the good folks here. Great job Nick. Hope the rehab continues to go well, know you will make something special with the wood.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-05-2012, 11:43 PM
I have experienced the generosity of Creekers and Creeker turners. It's incredible!

Kathy Marshall
11-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Not a better group to be found! I hope the rehab goes well so you two can make it back to enjoy some beautiful, sunny Arizona winter weather!

Reed Gray
11-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Nick is a great guy! Have known him for years. You might look up Dale Larson as well. He is in Portland. If you were closer to Eugene, I would open my shop for you as well. Have you been able to adjust to our wet weather?

robo hippy

Wally Dickerman
11-06-2012, 1:09 PM
Hey Reed.....Wet weather? I lived most of my life in Puget Sound country so the NW weather isn't new to me. I do like Arizona sunshine though!

I've known Dale Larson for years. I do visit his shop out in Gresham while I'm here. I'll probably see him in the next week or two.

Reed Gray
11-06-2012, 1:19 PM
Well, you know all about the 'we don't tan, we rust' then. Must be the Irish in me, and 30 plus years of concrete construction, but I am a mole person now. Maybe you can make one of the Willamette Valley Woodturner's meetings in Salem. Christmas one is a party.

Hope your wife is recovering well. Was it 60 or 70 years together?

robo hippy

Bernie Weishapl
11-06-2012, 1:25 PM
That is great Wally and Nick for being so generous. Creekers are the best. Hope she is doing well so you can get back to sunshine.

Nick Stagg
11-07-2012, 1:41 AM
Wally, it was great to see you again and it was my pleasure to give you a little wood to work with while you're on "vacation".

When you get some finished I hope you post them here so I can see them.

I hope your wife's rehab continues to go according to plan.

P.S. I never expected you to bring your beading tool with you, though. It was quite an honor to get to hold it.

Tim Rinehart
11-07-2012, 6:21 AM
That's pretty cool Wally, and hats off to you Nick.

Wally Dickerman
11-07-2012, 7:22 PM
Wally, it was great to see you again and it was my pleasure to give you a little wood to work with while you're on "vacation".

When you get some finished I hope you post them here so I can see them.

I hope your wife's rehab continues to go according to plan.

P.S. I never expected you to bring your beading tool with you, though. It was quite an honor to get to hold it.

Hey Nick.....A little typo there...What Nick meant to say is that he WISHED that I had brought my beading tool.