PDA

View Full Version : Home made saw switch linkage

Dick Brown
11-04-2012, 9:11 PM
Hey members,
I was telling a friend about someone posted a switch linkage he had made out of wood that he could bump and would flip the switch down (off) on his (Unisaw??) table saw. Was going to send him the link so he could try building one and now I can't find the article. Had a bell crank with a notch to go over the switch handle and hooked to a wooden "rod" with a head on it that you pull for on, push for off. May not have been on S.C. even. Can you help me out??
Thanks,
Dick

Scott T Smith
11-04-2012, 9:41 PM
Dick, here is a link to a thread on NCWoodworker.net about this very topic. There are some photo's of one in the 4th post down.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42699&highlight=table+saw+stop+switch

Dick Brown
11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Scott,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly, his saw has the old flip switch like a regular wall switch, up-on down-off. I have a Uni with that switch as well,and has the Unisaw logo switch cover. I don't care for the position of the switch but want to keep the saw "stock." I have been thinking of just leaving it in the on position and adding another switch with the OFF paddle to the right end of the fence rail and wire the power through it. Still want to find the article for the bell crank switch control though.
Dick