PDA

View Full Version : How do I save an image as high resolution using coreldraw x3

Tim Earling
11-04-2012, 4:01 PM
I am trying to make up a brochure using some pictures I took of my work.
I normally make up my brochure pictures using Adobe Photoshop, but wanted to use some of the powerclip options in my CoreldrawX3 program.

I opened the pictures up in coreldrawx3 and did some editing but when I try to save them as a jpeg, they were really small I lose all my resolution. I tried to export it as a jpeg 2 (jpeg 2000 standard) but that was way too big.
Can anybody tell me a quick way to save the photo so I keep the quality for printing it on a brochure?
Thanks

Howard Garner
11-04-2012, 5:40 PM
Have you tried doing it alll in Corel and then saving as a pdf?

Chuck Stone
11-04-2012, 5:49 PM
if I understand it correctly, vector files don't have any resolution to speak of.. think if
a bitmap as a pixel by pixel representation of the image.. and a vector as a set of
instructions on how to recreate the image. Resolution is a concept that isn't relevant
to a vector image.

Having said that (just because going from Photoshop to Corel involves changing
the way you think of images) you SHOULD get a dialog screen when you go to
export the image as a jpeg. That screen will be for converting to bitmap, and there
you will specify the image size and resolution. (File, Export)

Joe Pelonio
11-04-2012, 6:19 PM
Saving as .tif will give a better quality.

Michael Hunter
11-04-2012, 7:25 PM
Saving as .tif will give a better quality.

And with LZW compression will keep the file nice and small (without loosing anything).

Ruben Salcedo
11-04-2012, 8:32 PM
If you want to keep working in Photoshop you also can do a similar clipping as in CorelDraw just follow the tut in the image bellow.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2954982/Clipping%20Tut.jpg

Tim Earling
11-04-2012, 9:03 PM
Thank you very much for all the info - very very helpful.

Ruben,Thanks for the graphic. That is what I was looking for in Photoshop.

Michael, I found the LZW and it worked great.

Joe, I ended up Exporting the image as a Tiff and saving with LZW setting - it worked good. Probably will stick to Photoshop in the future for high res images.

Chuck, my Photoshop program gets little use now. I like the way corel works and know that it is a different format all together with pictures. Thanks for the tips on how to understand both formats.

Howard, PDF did not work.

Abigail Klinton
09-04-2013, 9:56 PM
I know there is a .NET Imaging SDK which is a pre-configured, high-end image and document engine designed to offer fast, high-end image and document viewing, manipulation, printing , scanning and rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/imaging-saving-printing/ saving image toolkit without the need to download any additional controls on an end-user machine.Have a try.

Donna Klinton
01-01-2014, 10:02 PM
HI there
I have encountered the similar questions with you.The image size always smaller when i save them.I want to know that if there is any image program which supports to edit or save image (http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/imaging-saving-printing/) directly.I know there are many third party tool for image tool (http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/).But i want to get a free trial package from this image program.Thanks for any suggestions.

Larry Bratton
01-04-2014, 9:05 PM
If you have Photoshop, why not do the vector work in Corel and then export to PSD. I do that all the time, simply because there are
certain things that PS does better than Corel and vice versa. For example, I do t-shirt designs for a local shop. I usually create the design in Corel (I hate AI), then export to PS to finish and do the separations for the screens. Layout and all is easier in Corel than PS. PS is an image editing program and not as well suited to some tasks as Corel but is fantastic at what it is intended for.

I am trying to make up a brochure using some pictures I took of my work.
I normally make up my brochure pictures using Adobe Photoshop, but wanted to use some of the powerclip options in my CoreldrawX3 program.
(by the way, never save in JPG unless for the internet. Every time you save a jpg, you lose quality). As Joe suggested, save in Tiff and you won't lose any quality on multiple saves, especially for printing.

I opened the pictures up in coreldrawx3 and did some editing but when I try to save them as a jpeg, they were really small I lose all my resolution. I tried to export it as a jpeg 2 (jpeg 2000 standard) but that was way too big.
Can anybody tell me a quick way to save the photo so I keep the quality for printing it on a brochure?
Thanks

Dan Hintz
01-05-2014, 1:21 PM
Larry,

This thread is over a year old... I imagine the OP has this sorted by now.

Larry Bratton
01-05-2014, 4:03 PM
OMG, I didn't even look at the date. The old guy is slippin here..cut me some slack :o

Larry,

This thread is over a year old... I imagine the OP has this sorted by now.

Dan Hintz
01-05-2014, 5:15 PM
OMG, I didn't even look at the date. The old guy is slippin here..cut me some slack :o

I'll try... lemme put on my readin' glasses and put down the cane first :p