PDA

View Full Version : Help with quote

greg lindsey
11-02-2012, 2:53 PM
I am looking for help with a quote for cutting these out of 60lb white cardstock, there are 1000 sheets total with 3up on a 20" x 24: sheet. Ea is approx 7" x 15". Anyone have a guess what they would chage to do this. Sorry only this jpeg at the moment, customer will supply vector file later, Oh and these are a tight turnaround 600 indv pcs due by the 11th of Nov. Any estimates are appreciated.

Dan Hintz
11-02-2012, 8:31 PM
I would vectorize it in Corel (which should be extremely easy since it's already B&W), then run a test cut to size... should tell you all you need to know about what you need to charge to make a profit.

As the cuts get more complicated, a galvo system looks better and better... but the largish size of this piece means a pretty good depth of field will be needed. Still, paper is ultra thin, so kerf shouldn't be an issue.

Joe Pelonio
11-02-2012, 9:40 PM
Cutting white card stock can be problematic, I would always test on the actual material before pricing. If you cannot cut fast enough to avoid browned edges or flareup and have to apply transfer tape the price will have to be close to double.
Also, with that quantity you are bound to have some that flare up and are wasted, so consider that in the price. Also, some of those really thin lines mean that the beam will be very close to another thin strip when it cuts the next and that often will catch on fire.