PDA

View Full Version : Help with a puzzle vector

Chris Edens
11-01-2012, 5:15 PM
I am trying to make a puzzle for my daughter out of wood. I have this EPS file but it has multiple lines so the laser wants to make multiple cuts. Can someone tell me how to do this? I have attached a link to the file I am working with.

I am working with Corel Draw 6 and a speedy 300 80w

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1363770/puzzle%209%20piece.eps

Mark Sipes
11-01-2012, 5:45 PM
Adobe Distiller could not open ??

Chris Edens
11-01-2012, 9:09 PM
Mark

Thats weird it's a standard .eps file

dave cox
11-01-2012, 9:12 PM
Hi Chris,

Open it in corel, view in wire frame and delete the outlines then convert the remaining to red hairline or what ever you require.

Mark Sipes
11-01-2012, 11:21 PM
should just have to resize to fit

Chris Edens
11-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Thanks everyone i really appreciate it. The hardest thing is getting good at Corel Draw so far.

Jeff Wilkins
11-02-2012, 9:15 AM
How do you get it so you don't have double lines all over it?

Martin Boekers
11-02-2012, 9:59 AM
Thanks everyone i really appreciate it. The hardest thing is getting good at Corel Draw so far.

Folks sometimes don't realize it, but learning Corel proficiently is 95% of this busness. You are on the way.

Mike Null
11-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Jeff

Dave has the answer.

Jeff Wilkins
11-02-2012, 10:29 AM
But if you click on the center piece and delete it, it still looks as if it is there because it shares lines with the 4 pieces around it. My laser will double cut all of those lines (go over them twice).

Zlatko Kursar
11-03-2012, 3:24 AM
Chris, give me your e-mail and I will send you a Corel file with various puzzle (it is 750 kb).

Dennis Rech
11-03-2012, 5:14 PM
It opened just fine in Vectric V-carve as a singe line puzzle.

Mike Chance in Iowa
11-03-2012, 6:55 PM
Chris, use this as a learning experience. Open your original file and view your Object Manager. (Tools, Object Manager) You will find that you will want to keep that docker open and accessible at all times when working in Corel.

Viewing that file in Object Manager, you would have seen 9 objects with a black fill and 9 objects with a white fill. Play around in the Object Manager. Click on the top black object, hold down your shift key and click on the last black object. You just selected 9 objects. Add a hairline to them - right-click on any color such as cyan. See what happens to your graphics. Undo that. Now select your 9 white objects in the Object Manager and change them to a hairline. See what happens to those graphics. You can't see anything change that time because they are under the black graphics. Undo that. Now select all your black objects via Object Manager. Delete them. You now have a blank screen. Now select all your white ojects via Object Manager. Add a hairline. See what happens to your graphics now.

Now start playing with other files and pay attention to what happens in your Object Manager.;)

Kevin Groenke
11-03-2012, 8:34 PM
Not sure if these are the same files, but I had a heck of a time getting some web-found jigsaw patterns into single lines rather than multiple pieces with duplicate edges. If my memory serves me correctly I ended up opening the .eps files in Rhino, exploded, make2d'd, then joined. It may be possible to explode and overkill in AutoCad.

dave standing
11-03-2012, 9:08 PM
Hi Chris

Here's a laser friendly version

Regards

Dave

Jean Forgues
11-08-2012, 1:24 PM
Wow that's a simple puzzle, I would do this in Auto Cad, because I don't know Coreldraw enough, but I find that Auto Cad gives me a lot more tools to work with. If everything else fail I will do it for you for a gesture of appreciation.