PDA

View Full Version : Dresser/Cell Phone valets?

Matt Meiser
11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Looking for ideas for cell phone/dresser valets. There just a couple examples (very nice examples!) when I searched--surely more people have built them?

Jamie Buxton
11-01-2012, 10:43 AM
An issue -- which I don't have a solution for -- is the charging cord for the phone. You build a beautiful wood tray, and there's this ugly umbilical trailing off the dresser. It isn't right.

Matt Meiser
11-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm envisioning one with a compartment for the charger itself, just a small cord hanging out for the phones. If needed I'll buy black iPhone cords. But yes, there would have to be a cord out the back.

Steve Wurster
11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Not really a dresser valet, but it does hold cell phones and other stuff...

Greg Portland
11-01-2012, 1:31 PM
An issue -- which I don't have a solution for -- is the charging cord for the phone. You build a beautiful wood tray, and there's this ugly umbilical trailing off the dresser. It isn't right.
Check out induction chargers (charger is built into a 3rd party phone case).

Matt Meiser
11-01-2012, 1:40 PM
While those are cool, I'm not giving up my Otterbox case. Saved the phone a number of times.

Matt Meiser
12-17-2012, 8:47 AM
This has evolved a bit--I've started just charging my phone on my night stand and using it as my alarm clock. Now I'm just thinking of doing a tray of some sort with a felt or maybe leather bottom lining which might be easier to keep clean. Still looking for ideas!

Peter Kelly
12-17-2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.etsy.com/browse/iphone-accessories/stands?ref=br_nav_new_2