PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Steel Bandsaw Blade Recommendations

Bob Deroeck
10-30-2012, 5:47 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations (brand name and where to purchase) for carbon steel bandsaw blades, 1/8-1/4" width, for a 14" Delta clone.

Does anyone have any experience with the P-102 through P-107 Lenox bandsaw blades sold by Woodcraftbands? Are these blades carbon steel or spring steel?

Thanks.

Bob DeRoeck

Curt Harms
10-31-2012, 7:39 AM
I have no experience with those particular bands but Lenox is well regarded and woodcraftbands gets uniformly good reviews. Call, don't email. The other vendor I've had good success with is Supercut (http://www.supercutbandsaw.com/products.html).

bob hertle
10-31-2012, 11:43 AM
I no longer buy any Lenox carbon bands. Had very bad results with a batch of them a couple of years ago. I was told by John at Woodcraft bands that Lenox carbon was being made offshore. The last carbon bands I bought from Woodcraftbands was a batch of 10 Starretts and I was 100% satisfied. I still use Lenox bimetal, but I'm less and less impressed by the quality and will probably try something else next time I order. I have found large deviations (up to .005" or so) in the set on these bands. Maybe I'm living in a dream world, but I expect .002" accuracy in the set of a band--this is what DoAll used to guarantee, and back in the day, they were my "gold standard".

Bob