PDA

View Full Version : Happy with Grizzly

Jack Wilson50
10-30-2012, 5:01 PM
I just jointed and planed some hard maple for some shop cabinets and I am very happy with my 15" planer(G0453Z) and my 8" jointer (G0490X). It was only about 16 board feet of lumber; but did it go sweet. One of the board was 84" long, that would have never worked on my 6" Rigid jointer. And my old Makita 2040 (who's bed was not parrallel with the cutter head, took me a long time to figure that one out, and there is no adjustment), although a pretty good machine, doesn't hold a candle to the Grizzly.

Just my two cents worth

Jack

scott vroom
10-30-2012, 5:19 PM
Jack, I've had the same 2 Grizzly tools in my shop for close to 3 years now and have been satisfied with their performance. You can spend more on higher quality, but IMO Grizzly offers great value for the price. Have fun with your project!

Paul McGaha
10-30-2012, 5:23 PM
Congratulations Jack,

A lot of bang for the buck w Grizzly.

Please post some pictures of them when you can.

PHM

Jack Wilson50
10-30-2012, 6:39 PM
Paul:

I would; but I have a Mac and every time I try it fails.

Stan Mitchell
10-30-2012, 7:31 PM
Just like Scott above, ended up getting both of these machines about 3 years ago. They've been terrific for my needs. I especially like the extra table length on the G0490X.

Victor Robinson
10-30-2012, 7:53 PM
Good to hear - this is the jointer and planer combination on my long-term radar.

Joey Chavez
10-31-2012, 1:15 PM
I got the same two units about a month ago, couldnt be happier, still need to fine tune the planer to how I'll be using it but essentially no adjustments needed on either machine. I've had a Grizzly table saw a couple years now and love it. If Grizzly only made a version of the Festool Domino! Oh well, Domino is on its way, can't wait.

glenn bradley
10-31-2012, 4:35 PM
I also have that pair. Very happy. I praise that extra long infeed table and tall fence about once a month.

Larry Browning
10-31-2012, 6:02 PM
Paul:

I would; but I have a Mac and every time I try it fails.

Jack, make sure your picture is within the size limit. This is the most common reason posting a picture fails. It's probably not the Mac's fault. However, I do love your quote though. I'm a Mac hater from way back!

Curt Harms
11-01-2012, 9:26 AM
Jack, make sure your picture is within the size limit. This is the most common reason posting a picture fails. It's probably not the Mac's fault. However, I do love your quote though. I'm a Mac hater from way back!

Too big would certainly do it. The other thought I had was to try an alternative browser. Chrome/Chromium, Firefox, Opera? I'm a Firefox fan due to some very useful extensions and I don't see the speed issues others complain of.