PDA

View Full Version : Importing a laser from China

Walt Langhans
10-30-2012, 3:50 PM
Hey Guys

I've just about decided that I'll be getting my laser from China, but I'm having all kinds of fun trying to find out info on getting it imported.

I've tracked down a few people but the quotes are all over the place. My highest quote is darn near double my lowest one. I'm well aware of what you get when you go with the cheapest, but I'm hoping for some guidance from some of you that have imported a laser from China to the USA.

Thanks

Bruce Dorworth
10-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Walt, I have purchased two chinese lasers. The first one was Ok, but the second one I ordered from GWeike and it is really well built and the tech suport has been as good as can be expected. Both were quoted within 10% of each other.

Bruce

Walt Langhans
10-31-2012, 2:37 AM
Sorry I wasn't very clear there. I'm having issues with freight companies / Importers :) Some people are telling it it only going to cost 5-6 hundred, others want 1-2K to get the laser here. I'm in contact with the Gweikie Rep and they have been very good, glad to hear the machines hold up as well.

George Carlson
10-31-2012, 9:38 AM
Not to take anything away from this forum, but there is a Chinese Laser Support Forum, do a Google search. It has an entire section on importing lasers.

Bruce Dorworth
10-31-2012, 7:02 PM
This forum also has several threads about importing Chinese lasers. A good place to start is Rodney's thread.

Bruce

Martin Boekers
11-01-2012, 9:50 AM
Yes, check Rodne's threads he has been very helpful in this. Remember it's not only getting it stateside but it has to go through customs
which can take a while. I look forward to you posts as you progress through the process and get your project up and running!

Walt Langhans
11-01-2012, 1:09 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah I've spoke with Rodney, he's been very helpful. I've just about got things figured, now I'm waiting on Kickstarter to collect and release my $ :)