PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic CO2 Tubes?

Jiten Patel
10-30-2012, 5:56 AM
Hey all,

We are currently short-listing our options with regards to our new laser purchase (very exciting stuff!).

One company is offering a ceramic CO2 tube which they claim is better than a standard sealed aluminium tube. Cannot really find any info on the web about them so thought I would post up here to see if anyone knows anything about them. Company that produce them are Iradion.

Thanks

matthew knott
10-30-2012, 7:04 AM
Cant find much on them Jit, other than a legal case rasied by Synrad http://news.priorsmart.com/synrad-v-iradion-laser-l6Jj/ , the aluminuim lasers use ceramic wave guides so not sure what their advantage is.
What type of laser are you thinking now, something different from the Trotec ?

Jiten Patel
10-30-2012, 7:24 AM
Hey Matt,

Yea that is all I found too.

Trotec are the ones who are offering this tube. Looking at a Speedy 400 (80w). Also looking at a company called RS Laser who import machines similar to the Shenui's etc (80w RECI). And also looking a cross between the two, Chinese machines imported over to the UK and modified heavily to UK build quality - CTR Laser. Price differences as you can imagine are massive, but we need the best tool for the job.

Once we finalise prices with all, we will go see them all and run our tests - and go from there.

Still need a power upgrade on my galvo - but that can wait as it is doing the job for the minute.