PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from hands on with Alan Carter

John M. Smith
10-29-2012, 9:40 PM
Our club had a hands on with Alan Carter in my shop yesterday. A fun time was had bib everyone. Alan is a great guy and I hope to be able to get together with him again sometime.
244362Here is an overview of my shop with everyone in it working away.244360Here Alan is helping out Ron Campbell.244361Alan and dave Phillips discuss his hollow form.244364Alan giving some direction to Scott Fles.244365Here I am talking with alan after splitting my bowl in half.244370Dick Wilson made the funnel of the day. He was a really good sport and let me take this photo. It wasn't to long and he had another bowl turned. Dick is a really good turner.244366
Here is Dave cleaning up around his lathe at the end of the day.

This was a great opportunity, and everyone had fun. I would highly recommend doing hands on with someone if you get a chance.

Thanks for looking,

John

Roger Chandler
10-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Quite a nice shop you have there John......great pics of the happenings with Alan.......he is a true artist with wood and innovative in his work..........glad you got to have the opportunity!

Steve Schlumpf
10-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Wow! Quite the shop! Great photos! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

Jim Underwood
10-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Oh look there! It did happen after all! ;)

And yeah; what nice shop!

Looks like y'all had fun, and that Alan is a good teacher. Thanks for posting those pix!

John M. Smith
10-31-2012, 3:42 PM
Thanks for the compliments on my shop. And it was a lot of fun. Hope to do it again.

Steve, if you ever come though the Grand Rapids area, let me know and maybe we can get together.

Steve Schlumpf
10-31-2012, 5:30 PM
John - I appreciate the offer and will keep it in mind but must admit, I do not get downstate very often. I think the last time I was in GR was 10 years ago or so.... and I remember it being a long drive! If you ever get to the U.P., please stop in!

John M. Smith
10-31-2012, 5:44 PM
My trips to the UP are usually to the Soo Locks. You are quite a ways from there. But I will keep it in mind.Would like to meet you.