PDA

View Full Version : What Laser to buy in australia

bryan steinhardt
10-29-2012, 9:06 PM
Hi im new to the forum and new to lasers.

im looking into purchasing a laser and not sure what brand to buy or from what company
im a novice and know nothing so good customer support/ technical support is a must
what software do you use?
im looking at cutting out mdf shapes printing onto timber cutting timber and also exploring engraving on glass and all the other cool stuff you can do with a laser.
trotec and epilog are a few of the companies that i have come across, what other machines are out there?
im looking at a large machine speedy 400 or 500 of the epilog 36 legend

any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards Bryan

Yuriy Karpov
10-29-2012, 9:46 PM
what state you're in?

I can say for NSW.

Trotec won't come to you if something happens. The staff know nothing about lasers. That fact turned us of the trotec, they are also much more expensive.

Epilog is ok probably, you can try to contact them http://www.projectent.com.au/. They are in NSW and WA. Have no idea 'bout customer support but technical staff seem to be knowledgeable.

We bought ULS from Laser Sign&Technollogy. Technical support is good.

There is also a GCC distributer down the QLD that we probably will be buying a big laser from.

There is also a Xenetec in NSW but they never called back for a demo.

Lots of Chinese stuff around here, no local warranty, no local service, just nothing. Wasn't even an option for us, but very cheap though.

Cheers

bryan steinhardt
10-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Hi i live in sydney
im going to go and have a look at the trotec in the next couple of days the people there seem nice. Having not owned a laser before i will need training and technical support to get everything working.
How do you find the laser you guys bought?
what software do you use with it?
i will also have a look into some other lasers just need to find whats out there.

Thanks Bryan

Yuriy Karpov
10-29-2012, 11:58 PM
We've done a lot of research and this forum definitely helped us to decide on the laser. The price also had come into account. So considering price, reliability and support availability we've decided on ULS. We had a couple of demos with different vendors(including trotec). The best impression was from ULS. The software is Corel + ULS print driver.

PS: With the ULS installation and training has been provided for free.

Maggie Crowell
11-07-2012, 5:12 PM
Hi there, this is my first post. I bought a ULS from LST (Laser and Sign Technology) in Sydney. Their support is fantastic. I make rubber stamps and have just started getting in to the laser engraving side of it all and they are really good. If they can't help they send you to the right person to help.

Amos De Pasquale
11-07-2012, 6:23 PM
Please ring PRYTEC SOLUTIONS, my Laser is not from them, But they have actually supported me for a Laser Machine I purchased from another company some years ago,(and that company does not give service). They have spent time on the phone, given directions and support. Amos

Yuriy Karpov
11-07-2012, 8:24 PM
Please ring PRYTEC SOLUTIONS, my Laser is not from them, But they have actually supported me for a Laser Machine I purchased from another company some years ago,(and that company does not give service). They have spent time on the phone, given directions and support. Amos
They don't sell big4 lasers. Some Chinese stuff that I've never heard about.

PS: to each their own.