PDA

View Full Version : What do they say?

Mike Cruz
10-28-2012, 7:27 PM
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best... We are sitting between two big storms...just waiting. We are supposed to get 30 mph sustained winds with 60+ mph gusts, and LOTS AND LOTS of rain starting in the wee hours of the morning through Tuesday.

Wood stove is running (first for the year). 48 hours of firewood in the house. Generator (15kw) is full of gas with 15 extra gallons of gas on standby. Hatches battoned down. Plenty of beer, rum, fruit, scotch, tequilla, and mix...oh, shucks! No margarita mix...I may have to make a run!:D

Puts a damper on my "getting things done" before my surgery in 10 days. But some things are out of your hands.

Best of luck to the rest of you in area.

mickey cassiba
10-28-2012, 8:03 PM
Best of luck Mike...be sure to tie off to something stout

Mike Cruz
10-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Hmmmm, a stout, huh? I was thinking more like a double bock! :D

Kevin W Johnson
10-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Yep, it's just a waiting game....

My wife works for a local electric utility. She's anticipating some long hours, but the worst will be on the guys out on the line crews.

Bruce Page
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Stay soused Mike. Oops, safe, stay safe Mike! :eek:

Belinda Barfield
10-29-2012, 7:16 AM
Gook luck Mike. I do believe y'all in for a bit of a blow.

Mike Cruz
10-30-2012, 5:55 PM
Wow, we got through that smelling like roses. Areas within 20 minutes or less were not so lucky. But we just got a lot of rain and some wind. Best of luck to all of you out there that weren't so lucky...

Jim Underwood
10-30-2012, 9:21 PM
Glad to know you're ok Mike. And what's this about surgery?

Mike Cruz
10-30-2012, 9:58 PM
Had torn cartilage in my left knee when I was 19. Had surgery to repair it. Here we are 25 years later (pretty much to the month) and I'm going back under the knife to get it cleaned up. Last time I had a long recovery. But I was limping into the hospital, already swollen, and in pain that time. Now, it is more a matter of every 4 months or so, it acts up and leaves me "useless" for a couple of weeks. I'm sick of it taking me out of commission. At least this time, I ought to be walking into the hospital without pain and healthy. I'm hoping that will make for a much quicker recovery.