PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot type, cranked handle salt & Pepper mill mechanisms.

Kevin Mitchell Casey
10-28-2012, 1:24 PM
Hello Folks,

I've been a member for a couple of years now but rarely comment or post as I generally just enjoy looking at what other people have turned, now I neeed a bit of help and wondered if this was the place to get it?
I'm after a supplier of Crank handled salt and pepper mill's they are generally referred to as Peugeot mills, I believe the French car company began to make them many years ago, for those that don't know what they are the best descriptor would be that they look like a fishing reel stood on end so that the handle is on top and the salt/pepper comes out of the other end, after many years of private turning I'm going to tip my toe into selling and these are the type of product that I want to have.

Thank You

Kevin

Michael Mills
10-28-2012, 2:29 PM
I looked up Peugeot mills and to me they look like the standard S&P grinders where you turn the knob at the top.
This place has some “Antique-Style” and also the “Mini salt and Pepper” that has a crank. They also have the standard mechanisms.

http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=packard&Category_Code=proj-supp-salpep

The link doesn't seem to going directly to it. Copy/paste then Project Supplies then Salt & Pepper

Jim Burr
10-28-2012, 3:10 PM
Several of us on another forum called Peugeot about their mechanisms. We were told in no short order that there was no way in "that really hot place" that they would either offer a few of them to us at cost or a profit for them or reveal their supplier. So much for that. Penn State has the offset handle model, but I've yet to hear if it's a quality mill.

Jerry Marcantel
10-28-2012, 4:24 PM
I too contacted peugot, and they said they only sell complete mills. To me, they don't care to open up another market by selling to makers of mills...... ...... That's the French for you..... Jerry (Frenchie in Tucson)

Kevin Mitchell Casey
10-28-2012, 4:35 PM
HI all

Thank you all for the replies, I've yet to find any suppliers in the UK, but if I do I'll pass it forward.

Regards
Kevin