PDA

View Full Version : A Host of Angels

Tom Winship
10-27-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't like to post something someone else has already done, however, I have made several angels after being inspired by Curt Fuller. In a PM I told Curt I had made some with the wings cupped forward and asked if he had tried it. He asked me to post some, so here they are.

The front row left looks as if the stage fright has gotten to her and she is braking to run, the one in front row middle I call "Hefty Mary". Funny how these little guys take on personality.

Thanks for your inspiration Curt, and like you, I don't think you could sell these for enough to break even.

Comments and criticisms welcome,

Steve Schlumpf
10-27-2012, 11:11 AM
I like them Tom! Wood combinations work well, forms are really cute and the variety in sizes offer something for everyone! Hefty Mary... love it!!

Roger Chandler
10-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Very nice work Tom!

Allan Ferguson
10-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Some very good looking work.

Jim Burr
10-27-2012, 2:58 PM
I don't like to post something someone else has already done, however, I have made several angels after being inspired by Curt Fuller. In a PM I told Curt I had made some with the wings cupped forward and asked if he had tried it. He asked me to post some, so here they are.

If we followed that Tom, no one could ever post a bowl or pen again! These are really great and should be shown off...good post!!

Curt Fuller
10-27-2012, 8:37 PM
Those look great Tom! I like the way you varied the wings and some of the bodies. Thanks for posting them.

Tom Winship
10-27-2012, 8:53 PM
Thanks, Curt. Some of the variation was not planned.

Bernie Weishapl
10-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Tom those are great looking angels and I like the wood combo's.

Kathy Marshall
10-28-2012, 1:23 AM
Those look great Tom! Nice variation on size, shape and color combos!