PDA

View Full Version : Alan Carter is coming to my shop!

John M. Smith
10-26-2012, 10:14 PM
My turning club, The Grand River Woodturners Guild, is hosting Alan this weekend. On Saturday, he is doing an all day demo for the club. On Sunday, he will be at my shop, doing a hands on for seven of us lucky club members. Going to be a great weekend. Pictures to follow. Didn't happen yet, so got no pictures yet.

John

Ron Crosby
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Who is Alan Carter? :confused:

John M. Smith
10-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Alancarterstudio.com

I think you will recognize his work.

John

Baxter Smith
10-26-2012, 11:32 PM
He did a demo for our turning club last month. Very interesting and enjoyable!

Steve Schlumpf
10-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Congrats John! Sounds like you will have a very full weekend! Looking forward to seeing the photos!! Have fun!

Jim Burr
10-27-2012, 3:00 PM
Was able to catch it this morning...really cool!

Ronald Campbell
10-28-2012, 4:48 PM
John thanks for hosing the Hands On portion of our Alan Carter event. It was great to turn in the surgical room you call a shop. I think we all had fun for a long weekend with Alan. Ron

Jim Underwood
10-28-2012, 9:59 PM
I'm envious! I'd love to see Alan Carter demo.

However, despite the testimony of witnesses...

NO PIX > DIDN'T HAPPEN! :D

Ronald Campbell
10-29-2012, 8:29 AM
Jim sorry you missed it. We did a live stream of the event all day Sat. We do these live feeds every month, 3rd Sat of the month. Sorry but most are done by our club members who are not as famous as Alan Carter. Join us. Ron

Jim Underwood
10-29-2012, 9:08 AM
I'm going to be a skeptic and insist it didn't happen - especially since I missed the streaming video! Surely someone took some pictures! :)

Ronald Campbell
10-29-2012, 5:38 PM
Jim it did happen both the demo and the Hands on at John's I have put many of the photos of all the events, reception, demo and hands on, on our Facebook page. Grand River Woodturners. They are also on my Facebook Ronald G Campbell. Join our GRWT by like and you will get our updates. We stream all of our meetings and demos Ron

John M. Smith
10-29-2012, 8:50 PM
I am working on pictures,, but am very technically challenged. dying to get all the pics from my phone and my camera into my laptop. Hope to have them up tomorrow night.