PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui laser problem and some advice

Balsanu Gabi
10-26-2012, 3:33 PM
Hi to all,

I have a Shenhui SH-G570-RECI 80W new (almost 2 weeks now). I try few things with this machine like some engravings (raster) and some vector cutting. Some "working" some not...
What is mean with this:
- engraving photos dosent go very well (the level of details is not good). I use for photos the "gold method" and some scrap cast acrylic sheets clear and white (5mm thick);
- vector cutting dosent work at all. The laser dosent fire.

My questions for you guru's and Shenhui owners:
- what settings do you use for processing photos (speed, power and DPI);
- do you invert images when you use clear acrylic?
- what it is wrong with settings since the laser working normal on raster mode but NOT AT ALL in vector cutting mode?

I hope to have some answers and solve this problems.

Thank you for your time
Gabi

Rich Harman
10-26-2012, 5:33 PM
Have you contacted Shenhui for some tech support? They should be able to walk you through all the settings.

Balsanu Gabi
10-26-2012, 6:00 PM
Hi Rich,

Not yet. It is Friday... I was thinking maybe you or another Shenhui owner will chime in and give me some advice. Some times it is cutting, most of the time no. I tend to put all blame on power supply. What do you think?

Gabi

Rodne Gold
10-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Skype their tech guy , Yarde Feng (skype name Yarde_Feng)
They are really good , he can actually get into your computer remotely and see your settings and set up your machine properly if anything is amiss...

john banks
10-27-2012, 9:07 AM
I would work on getting the laser vector cutting first especially since you report it doesn't fire - you mean nothing on the ammeter, no mark on the material even at 90% power and something like 10mm/sec to try to cut 5mm acrylic?

Make sure the laser is working properly and then if the motion control is good and smooth, most of the rest is down to alignment, settings and making sure things like air assist and extraction are working correctly. With that in mind, don't put 90% power into 5mm acrylic unless you have air assist working as you could have a fire, and if your extraction isn't working safely you will get a cabinet and room full of nasty smelling fumes. Maybe that is obvious to you, but I don't want to assume.

Greg Facer
10-28-2012, 3:18 AM
Two things come to mind. One is I obviously to make sure the "is output" part is yes, second is to have the 90% power in both the minimum power and the maximum. My brothers machines was using the minimum value rather that the maximum and his cuts were quite off the expected values because of it.

Good luck, if it's working for taste ring I'm sure you'll get it going.

Balsanu Gabi
10-28-2012, 4:47 AM
Thanks to all for your answers. The culprit was in settings for cutting layer. The minim power was set too low. After an email with Yarde and a screen shot all go away and it cutting properly.
One question still. Is is any way to align the table. I use the blades and after some small flames I would like to use the honeycomb. I noticed some of the contours are not cut all the way in. It is possible to be the focus or maybe the motorized table. What do you think about thst?

Gabi

walter hofmann
10-28-2012, 5:11 AM
hi there
if you cut wood sometimes there are hard parts in it like knots. the most importand part is that the machine, the gantry, the Y rails and the table are in level because thats the base for all check ups.
the next thing thwe alignement need's to be dead center of all the mirror's on all foer corner. after you put the material on the tabel check again if this is level, I have seen material what was just abit like a wedge and this was the reason for not cutting all the way. Another point is if the material has some minor humps it will not cut thrue ether.
greetings
walt

Lucy Lee
10-28-2012, 9:46 PM
is this advertising ?
I wrote some working speed and power suggestion,you delete and said it is some advertising,I just want to know how about your posts?

Skype their tech guy , Yarde Feng (skype name Yarde_Feng)
They are really good , he can actually get into your computer remotely and see your settings and set up your machine properly if anything is amiss...

Rodne Gold
10-29-2012, 4:55 AM
Here are the terms of service , which you were/are violating in multiple ways.

E. Commercial Advertising

1. Direct Commercial Affiliation

SawmillCreek maintains an active advertising and marketing program. As such, we seek to provide a non-competitive atmosphere for our advertisers by disallowing commercial posts from our members. Posts made by Members with direct commercial affiliation, and with the apparent intent of using SawMill Creek for the sole purpose of promoting a product or service will be subject to removal. Members with direct commercial affiliation are defined to be those Members who stand to benefit financially from such a promotion.

2. Indirect Commercial Affiliation

Members may wish to expose other topics of interest, commercial topics included, but may only do so for the purpose of promoting discussion on the forums.

3. External Linking

Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing, generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.

4. Signatures

Links are not allowed in signatures. Signatures may not be gratuitous commercial advertisements containing promotional offers, sales, or other marketing efforts. Members of the "Friends of the Creek" business directory may include an embedded link to their record within their signature block using the facilities provided.

I have no commercial affiliation to any company and couldn't care a whit what laser or equipment anyone buys , I am a user and none of my postings here will generate any income or promote my business at all. I have no hidden agendas and merely post to share my knowledge as others have done for me.