PDA

View Full Version : Jennings pattern auger bits

Dave Sharbaugh
04-19-2005, 4:47 PM
Help!

I'm managing a project with the third-grade at my son's school. Each year the third grade builds something. We're adding onto an existing play structure, but doing all of the work with hand tools. Do any of you know where in Southern California (near Irvine) I can get auger bits to fit a brace?

Thanks!

Dave

PS The kids far preferred the pull-saws!

Dave Sharbaugh
04-19-2005, 4:58 PM
Thought I'd better post a picture...
The 4 tall posts and deck with the hole in it (for a large ficus nitida) exist. We're adding the rest (except the adults will do the railings later) as part o ftheir main lesson for the next two weeks.

Dave

Brent Smith
04-19-2005, 5:00 PM
Dave,
If no one has an answer closer to home for you,Garret wade has them.You'd probably receive them in 3-4 days.
Brent

Dave Sharbaugh
04-19-2005, 6:19 PM
Highland Hardware, also but was hoping to find someone here.

Thanks,

Dave

Joel Moskowitz
04-19-2005, 7:04 PM
We stock all the sizes currently in manufacture. (including the odd 16 sizes)
( toolsforworkingwood.com )

Dave Sharbaugh
04-19-2005, 7:38 PM
Thanks, Joel. Am still looking for someone closer to the "left" coast.

Dave

Mike Swindell
04-19-2005, 8:17 PM
Try here: http://www.mikestools.com/

He's in Irvine, took me awhile to find it. How can I forget.................. CRS

Cheers
MIKE :) The usual - no affililation - I live in Torrance

Jim DeLaney
04-19-2005, 9:41 PM
Thought I'd better post a picture...
The 4 tall posts and deck with the hole in it (for a large ficus nitida) exist. We're adding the rest (except the adults will do the railings later) as part o ftheir main lesson for the next two weeks.

Dave

Austin Hardwoods in Santa Ana may have them. BTW, they also host a P.A.S.T. swap meet in their parking lot a couple times a year. The Spring one ought to be coming up shortly...

Dave Sharbaugh
04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks, Jim. Though I've been there many times, I drew a blank on them for bits. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Dave

PS They're a long way from Ohio, how'd you come to know them?

Jim DeLaney
04-20-2005, 9:24 AM
Thanks, Jim. Though I've been there many times, I drew a blank on them for bits. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Dave

PS They're a long way from Ohio, how'd you come to know them?

I lived in Tustin for thirty years. Just retired and moved to Ohio last Fall.

Dave Sharbaugh
04-21-2005, 12:05 AM
That explains it! I grew up (though that's sometimes in doubt) in west-central PA, not far from Ohio.

Dave