PDA

View Full Version : Miter saw maintenance

johnny means
10-25-2012, 8:56 PM
Couple of days ago my DW705 died on me. Turns out after 10 years our so it was time to replace the brushes. Actually, from the looks, I was way past due.

Anyway, the saw still sounds old. It works as perfectly as the first day, but just sounds rougher. Is there any other maintenance I should think about?

Nelson Howe
10-25-2012, 9:34 PM
I had to replace the motor bearings on mine. Which I figured out because it was noisy and there were bbs rattling around on the table.

Nelson

Bruce Wrenn
10-25-2012, 10:14 PM
The DW 705 is the PC 690 of miter saws. Basic machine that is nearly indestructable. I see siding guys that have them mounter on side of trailer, in the weather, including road slush. Seldom a problem. Used ones in good working, but not cosmetic shape bring over half of new price ten years ago. I own two, and one of it's little ( 10") brothers. Had two of the 10's, but a thief took one. Wasn't smartest crook in the world, as he also took a broken air compressor, which had parts missing.

Kyle Iwamoto
10-26-2012, 4:09 AM
Did you get the recall on the blade mount bushing? I forget what it's called. It could be defective. If your blade starts to generate some play, it needs to get replaced. Can't even remember how old my saw is. That part is not cheap though.