PDA

View Full Version : KC Area Folks?????

Scott Coffelt
04-19-2005, 2:30 PM
Anyone know of someone with a portable saw mill? I still need to decide what to do with all that logs that will be cut in the next few weeks on my property. Thanks

Steve Roxberg
04-19-2005, 3:28 PM
Scott,

There is a member over at woodnet that doesn't have a portable one, but he has taken logs to a mill. He uses a trailer and such. Would you like me to check with him on who cuts and drys his lumber?

Scott Coffelt
04-19-2005, 5:10 PM
If you would not mind. Ideally I would like to find someone to come onsite to mill up, but that is an option.

Jim Becker
04-19-2005, 9:34 PM
Go to the Woodmizer site...I believe they have listings for sawyers there. That's how I found "my guy" back in 2000!

Randy Moore
04-19-2005, 9:56 PM
Scott,

Let me know when you are going to take these trees down and I will be glad to help.

PM me and we can talk more about this.

Randy:)

Steve Clardy
04-19-2005, 9:58 PM
There are several mizer owners up there. My old Lt-30 is up at Sibley. Sold it to my brother-in-law. Don't know if He would have the time. He is busy with concrete season now. I can give you his phone # if you want.
Steve

Roy Wall
04-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Scott,

I think my brother-in-law has a good contact on this....

I'll get back with you soon!!!

segasaw56
04-20-2005, 8:01 AM
Scott there is a sawer that goes out to the peoples places. His name is
Ron Collins at 816 779-4662. He does a good job and has a Timber King
mill so he can cut large logs.

Lester

Scott Coffelt
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all the good replies. I will try and follow up on them this weekend. I have to head to Las Vegas tomorrow and will be out of pocket. I know the GC wants to clear out some trees early next week to make room for a clear survey. I hope to be there when it is doen to have them move the ones I want to the side. Still not sure of the wood yet. I thought they were oaks, but now that the trees are starting to bud, they are not. I am trying to figure that out as well, since it may be crap wood.

When I do begin to clear out. I know there will be lots of wood for any local turnings. I would gladly share as much of it as possible.

Steve Roxberg
04-20-2005, 4:03 PM
let me know about the turning wood, I always need some of that.