PDA

View Full Version : Help with PH Cad!!!!

stefan karlsson
10-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi friends,

My Engraving program PH Cad is acting strange, it only engrave"OUTLINES" 243960

Itīs like it want to cut it. I have tried to reinstall the program and its not helping, even when I import the object from CorelDraw its like this...

Have some signs to do tomorrow so please help me out :)

Gratings Stefan

Kees Soeters
10-25-2012, 3:54 PM
Post your PH-Cad .pwj file.. maybe something's wrong with the vectors?
Else you can try to assign another color and set that to engrave with the right speed and power.
Sometimes it looks like PH-cad forgets all about the settings when you open a file, especially when it was made on another computer..

Kees

Greg Holt
10-25-2012, 5:01 PM
Just because it is shown on screen as an outline, should not mean it will only engrave the outline. Have you actually tried it?

My control software is a later variant of PHcad and so may not be the same, however it has a selection on the "Work Space settings" called "Simulating show objects of engraving"

This setting will fill with solid colour, all objects to be engraved. This is a visual thing on screen and makes no difference to the actual engraving.

stefan karlsson
10-25-2012, 5:55 PM
I have tried. It was the same when the laser was new, onley then the laser wanted to cut insted of engrave the whole square. ...stupid chines software.
OR nooo. Its me thats stupid thats buying the chines laser in first place.

stefan karlsson
10-25-2012, 6:01 PM
Sorry friends. Im just mad at my whole laser situation. It has bin problems from the start and it never ends.
Next laser will be stamped: MADE IN THE U.S...... I have learned that it is no shortcut to quality.
Regards Stefan

Greg Holt
10-25-2012, 10:06 PM
There are a lot of Chinese machine owners, who are happily churning out all sorts of laser work with this software.

It may not be as refined as the expensive laser software but it definitely works.

As was said above, post the PH-Cad .pwj file and someone can have a look at it.

walter hofmann
10-26-2012, 5:28 AM
Hi there
I am working with PHcad 4.47 since 2 years now sure it has its little problemes.
1. th I do a hardware resett thats if you open the cover of the controller board you have a little pushbotton push it and hold it for about 20 seconds
2. format the memory in the controler board
3. then check the file from coreldraw select all - then selct hair line - select the black color , this should fill up all the areas
4. then send it to PHcad.
the best is if you post both files the coreldraw file and the PHcad file then I can run a test .
greetings
walt