PDA

View Full Version : Vytek DNC print selected directory help

Lee Biddle
10-24-2012, 8:41 PM
Hi All,

This is my second post, my 100w LaserPro Spirit GX has been down all month (But the tube and RF unit will be back tomorrow) so I've been forced to use my 30w Vytek Special F/X2 which I simply just hate. Which everytime I use it, makes me think of: http://donotdisturb.wikispaces.com/file/view/BashKeyboard.gif/160787157/BashKeyboard.gif

Anyways, I am slightly glad that I've been forced to use it because I've learned how to use it better, and will now use it for running certain easy jobs. I have spent a few hours try to figure out how to get the laser to do columns of products on the laser bed at a time rather then wasting time with the "white space" between products. I've done test of columns vs. rows and I know that columns are faster (which is backwards from my SpritGX) In the help for the Machine Tools Suite Help it says under Job Server>DNC>DNC Pendant Keys: "Start: If a file name is highlighted then DNC starts the job in that file. If it’s a directory then DNC executes every job file in that directory." Implying that if you press the "Start" key while on a directory (Folder) rather then going into the folder (or digging) it would "executes every job in that" folder. I know the files in the directory work if selected and ran individually, I am how ever having a hell of a time getting a directory of files to run automatically. When I select "Start" while a directory is "Highlighted" it simply digs down and shows me the files. (Which if I press start on a file, will run one file)

Does anyone have any suggestions on why the "Start" button will not preform the action that is described in the help file. Or any other relevant info besides that I shouldn't have got a user-inter-faceless vytek. I miss my LaserPro sooo much.

Thank you all in advanced very much,
Lee Biddle

Zsolt Paul
10-25-2012, 12:12 PM
As I recall, I asked Vytek a while back if it is possible to run more than one job automatically one after another, and the answer was no. Mine is a 5 yr old machine, it might be different on newer models...

Lee Biddle
10-31-2012, 7:01 PM
Thanks for the response Paul. Does anyone else have any insight on what "Start Button: If a file name is highlighted then DNC starts the job in that file. If it’s a directory then DNC executes every job file in that directory." means or does. Most notably the 2nd part. I know what the start button does when you press it while a file is selected. If you need any more information on my machine let me know.