PDA

View Full Version : Support Request Question on Download for Braille

James & Zelma Litzmann
10-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Can someone tell me why if I have Corel X4 and Corel X6, it would not have a CorelDraw GMS folder? Help please, I purchased the Braille software but can't get it downloaded because it can't find this folder and I looked for and didn't find it either?

***** O.K., I think I found it, it is in CorelPhoto-Paint :) Just in case someone else is as lost as I am sometimes.

James & Zelma Litzmann
10-25-2012, 11:24 AM
CORRECTION - in was in Program Files - Corel - folder "Draw", then GMS.

Keith Outten
10-25-2012, 3:21 PM
James,

I was trying to get in touch with Aaron to get you an answer but I remembered that he doesn't have Corel 6 yet.
I'm glad you found the folder and I must admit I have had a similar problem in the past myself.

Aaron Koehl
10-29-2012, 3:00 PM
Ah yes, the Braille install script will try to find your GMS folder for you. Unfortunately, if you have more than one version of Corel installed simultaneously, it has trouble finding the correct one.

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-06-2013, 8:58 AM
Does anyone know if there will there be an update for Corel 16? It will not work, I am getting an error message when trying to use it on Corel 16.

Aaron Koehl
03-06-2013, 11:37 AM
There will be, I just have to buy the latest Corel--hopefully sometime soon.

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-06-2013, 1:39 PM
We will use Corel 14 until then, thank you for answering :)

zll

Dan Hintz
03-06-2013, 4:59 PM
It's funny the stuff they keep changing, Aaron... worse than Microsoft in some ways ;) It seems like too many plug-ins break, even when they use the most basic of function calls (which shouldn't change).

Aaron Koehl
03-09-2013, 10:40 PM
I ordered my copy of X6 today. Should be here within a week, I suppose.

Dennis Michel
03-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Great! I really need this for X6. I have 40 signs to layout soon (hopefully this is done in the next week). Thanks for you help!

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-13-2013, 8:48 AM
Thank you Aaron, we look forward to the update.

Aaron Koehl
03-16-2013, 12:35 PM
It is now updated to work with X6, let me know if there are any issues.

Aaron Koehl
03-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Ah yes, the Braille install script will try to find your GMS folder for you. Unfortunately, if you have more than one version of Corel installed simultaneously, it has trouble finding the correct one.

Correction: The install script has been updated and should work for multiple installations- it will choose whichever installation is associated with .CDR files, and should now work for 64-bit versions.

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-18-2013, 8:21 AM
Thank you Aaron, you do GREAT work!

James & Zelma Litzmann
05-08-2013, 5:14 PM
Aaron, we need to purchase the software . . . again, but we need it for Corel 14 & 16, does it work on both or do I need to repurchase the 14?

James & Zelma Litzmann
05-08-2013, 8:45 PM
Nevermind Aaron, it helps if you read a little : ) Thank you!

James & Zelma Litzmann
05-09-2013, 7:46 AM
HELP please? I thought I had already install this on James computer and sure enough I had, I installed it before I realized it would NOT work with X6. So how do I uninstall or remove so that I can upgrade to the new one?

Aaron Koehl
05-09-2013, 1:02 PM
It will overwrite, just install the one for X6, and you should have no problem-- no need to uninstall the old one.

James & Zelma Litzmann
05-10-2013, 6:29 PM
Just so everyone knows this, it is Zelma NOT James that keeps asking these . . . questions. I downloaded the braille to Corel X4 and it ask if it needed to create a GMS folder, I said yes. Now when I try to run it, it is NOT there, under Tools Macros, so anyone know what I did wrong? Or what I didn't do wrong, either one will work.

Aaron Koehl
05-10-2013, 8:34 PM
Check to see that you have a folder called
c:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\draw\GMS

In that folder should be a file called "Braille.gms".

If you do NOT see that file, then check here:
c:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\draw\GMS

If you DO see that file (in either location), then close and restart CorelDraw.

In CorelDraw X4, you should go to Tools > Run Macro.
Near the bottom of the window that opens, there will a drop-down menu called "Macros In": Change "VBAProject" to "Braille".
Once you choose "Braille", you'll see the white box above fill with two options: installBrailleToolbox and showBraille.
Click on "installBrailleToolbox", and then click the "Run" button.

James & Zelma Litzmann
05-29-2013, 6:25 PM
Aaron, I told you when we return from class I would let you know for sure . . . it is for sure, it will NOT download correctly to this old machine, we are using Corel X4 but it is Windows XP. I tried again today and it just isn't working. HELP please?

Aaron Koehl
05-29-2013, 9:48 PM
Zelma,

I'll need more information in order to help. Are you seeing an error? Did you make it past the install process? If not, is it asking you for an install location?

James & Zelma Litzmann
05-30-2013, 4:37 PM
Are you seeing an error? No
Did you make it past the install process? Yes
If not, is it asking you for an install location? I did make it past and it ask me for the correct location, I think?

James & Zelma Litzmann
05-31-2013, 6:29 PM
Anyone have any ideas on this. It is just not showing up. Downloaded to my computer the first time and it works great, however I can't get it to work on the computer that will run the laser.
Help please?

James & Zelma Litzmann
06-17-2013, 7:43 PM
Aaron, if you look a couple of responses down, I think I answered the question you had ask me. Please let me know what else I can do or try.

Thank you for all your help.

Aaron Koehl
07-02-2013, 1:18 PM
I sent you a PM-