PDA

View Full Version : Small tool gloat

Harry Robinette
10-23-2012, 6:54 PM
Well it's been a while since I've posted anything,been trying to finish up the 12" of cabinets I've been doing for the last year an my wife is just getting a little aggravated about them so I got to get them done.
Now for the tools I picked up this new tool box and chain saw sharpener from HF on their last big weekend sale both were only
$159.00. The best part is all my specialty tools( face plates, ring tools, homemade monster and things like that) fit very well in it. Some of the drawers have my older tools Crown,Sorby and stuff in them since I went to using mostly Thompson tools.
The chain saw sharpener I haven't got a chance to really look at it yet,all my chains are sharp right now so it's going to wait.
The bowl on the lathe is cherry and the two smaller one's are cores from it,we wont say what happened to the third core but lamp shade rings a bell.

Tom Winship
10-23-2012, 8:46 PM
Harry, you should gloat. I have the same chain saw sharpener. I mounted it to a tee board so I can clamp it in my workbench vise. Takes about 10 minutes so set up and sharpen a blade and it does a good job. Again, if I were a professional arborist, I would probably have a pro model. But, as with most HF tools, they work. I do like that tool box.

Michelle Rich
10-24-2012, 7:44 AM
somebody has to make the lampshades!!! :)

Harry Robinette
10-25-2012, 5:49 PM
Tom did you have any problems with the chain clamping bar, I can't get the clamp to hold the tooth in the right place for the grinding wheel.

Tom Winship
11-09-2012, 8:39 AM
Harry, I would say you have to be careful about where the tooth winds up but it hasn't been a show stopper. BTW, I bought one of the tool boxes this week. I had a sale coupon for $99. Might go back and get another.