View Full Version : Help with a light fixture.

Rich Engelhardt
10-23-2012, 7:54 AM
I have a light fixture with three glass globes/shades. whatever they are called..
There's a metal threaded thingie that threads onto the ceramic base and holds the globes in place.

I lost the threaded metal things. All three got tossed out at some point.

Does anyone know where I can buy just the threaded nuts or whatever they are called?
Even a name of what they are would help since I don't even know where to start searching on line.

We hist every hardware store and electrical supply house in town trying to find them and come up zilch.
Everyone knows what we're talking about when we explain it, but, no one knows what they are called or where to get them.

Phil Thien
10-23-2012, 9:12 AM
Sounds like it might have been something made for the specific fixture? What kind of diameter are we talking about?

Any chance in identifying the making of the fixture?

Lee Schierer
10-23-2012, 9:51 AM
How about a photo of the fixture so we can clearly see what you are looking for.

Jim Koepke
10-23-2012, 1:54 PM
Have you tried Google and > lamp parts < ?

Long parts with threading are called nipples, just like in pipe. These are available at most well stocked hardware stores. Any local lamp store should be able to help. The older established businesses might be a lot better for this.


Rick Potter
10-24-2012, 1:51 AM
I know the parts you are looking for. They are also sometimes ceramic. If you cannot find them online or at a lighting fixture shop (your best bet), you might get lucky finding a whole fixture to cannibalize at a thrift store or Habitat for Humanity store.

Rick Potter

Walter Plummer
10-24-2012, 4:36 AM
Maybe something here. http://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screw-fasteners/=juuo8x The borgs have a small selection of these. My guess on the thread would be 6/32.

Mike Cozad
10-24-2012, 5:03 AM
Is this what you are looking for? It looks like you'd have to buy the whole assembly but for $.52 its probably a good deal....

Found it at Lowes too....


Rich Engelhardt
10-24-2012, 5:19 AM
Thank you!
That's exactly what I need - a socket ring.

Mike Cozad
10-24-2012, 6:32 PM
Glad to help. Took a minute to get the right search string together but finally got some hits on Google and then wouldn't you know it, Lowes had it.... What made it tough was that Lowes didn't actually have the description right in the name so searches on their site wouldn't return what you were looking for...