PDA

View Full Version : Anyone added Benchdog CI wing to a sawstop?

Shawn Pixley
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
My shop is also a garage. I move both cars and tools in order to work. Subsequently, I am alway looking to conserve space. Right now I have a freestanding Router Table which is seldomly used. I like the idea of adding the router to my table saw. I have an original Sawstop Contracter Saw (the PCS was not yet out when I got it) with mobility kit, 36" rail and cast iron wings. I have added a folding outfeed table to it. The saw runs very well and does all I ask of it.

So, here is the questions:
1.) Has anyone added a benchdog cast iron router table to their Sawstop? If so, would you do it again?
2.) i was thinking of replacing the right extension with the Benchdog router extension. Can anyone think of why this wouldn't work?
3.) What pitfalls have others discovered?

Please extend your wisdom if you can.

Peter Froh
10-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I have put a benchdog router table on the left side of my contractor saw (not a sawstop). I also have the benchdog router lift and have built a wooden enclosure around the router and lift for dust collection. The box pops on and off thanks to strong rare earth magnets. Works great, saves a ton of space. Mine is on the left because the saw is against the wall.