PDA

View Full Version : Beads of Courage Box

Curt Fuller
10-21-2012, 7:22 PM
Over at the WTA forum they had a deal where you could turn a box for the Beads of Courage program. I wanted to do it but I could not come up with an idea for a box that would appeal to kids. So I asked my daughter, Amber, if she would paint something on one if I turned it. She's a pretty talented artist with a flair for whimsy. Anyway this is what she came up with. I thought it turned out pretty good. The wood is just very plain box elder, the paint is acrylic. All it has is a coat of WOP to seal the wood. We'll probably over coat it with a coat or two of poly before we send it off to the BOC folks.

Steve Schlumpf
10-21-2012, 7:56 PM
That is precious! I am sure whoever the recipient is - they will love it! Seriously - very nice work to both Amber and you Curt!!

Roger Chandler
10-21-2012, 8:32 PM
Nice collaboration with your daughter.......the birds on top of the croc, could represent courage against a hostile and formidable foe....the kid who gets this will no doubt love it!

Bernie Weishapl
10-21-2012, 8:57 PM
Beautiful Curt. Whoever gets that is going to love it. Great work by both you and your daughter.

Kathy Marshall
10-21-2012, 9:59 PM
That is Awesome Curt! I'd have to say that your daughter is a very talented artist and you gave her a great canvas to work with! You two are going to make some kid very happy!

Ted Calver
10-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Fantastic! Kudos to you both for a great collaboration.

David DeCristoforo
10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Curt, you both hit a home run with this box. Your form is as good as it gets and would easily stand alone. The decoration is delightful and excellent in it's execution. Sweet!

Mark Hubl
10-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Wonderful collaboration piece for a very worthy cause. I am sure it will bring some joy to it's recipient. You and Amber should do some more pieces together.

Baxter Smith
10-22-2012, 8:19 AM
Wonderful shape and the painting makes it a knockout Curt! I think the two of you may have some more collaborations in your future!

Tim Rinehart
10-22-2012, 8:22 AM
I love it, and that you collaborated with your daughter with such a fun bunch of characters makes it even better! I think you should collaborate with her more often!
Really about as fine and delightful piece that should hopefully bring some sunshine into the world of some child. Wonderful job by you and Amber, Curt!

Scott Hackler
10-22-2012, 9:23 AM
Nice work Curt. That piece will surely light up a child. I wish I have had time to start a few. I have been too busy to even turn the lights on in the shop!

Curt Fuller
10-22-2012, 8:33 PM
Thanks for all the encouraging comments. This project took on a special meaning to me when my daughter got involved in it. It will be hard to part with this "first", but we'll do it. Thanks again for the great comments.

John W Dixon
10-22-2012, 8:49 PM
That is a great project for a very worthy cause. I was unaware of the Beads of Courage program so I did a little googling. Thanks so much for sharing both. Love the gator by the way!

Michael James
10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Great job by both Amber and Curt! BRAVO... and a great cause too.
mj

Ken Fitzgerald
10-22-2012, 10:39 PM
I agree with everybody.....a very nice collaboration by a daughter and Dad! Well done Amber and Curt!