PDA

View Full Version : Charlesworth Dvd #3

Brian Buckley
04-18-2005, 9:46 PM
I just watched David Charlesworth's DVD #3 on Precision shooting. I learned alot from the DVD, he makes it look so simple.
I am looking forward to takeing a seminar from David , May 8th on half blind dovetails. It will be held at Lie Nielsen Toolworks in Maine. I have never met Mr. Charlesworth, but have heard he is a great teacher with a good sense of humor.

Brian

Roy Wall
04-18-2005, 9:49 PM
I've got his second book on Fine furniture techniques checked out from library -- its a good read and he is down to earth on a lot of stuff. I bet the DVD is good - thanks for the info....

Michael Perata
04-19-2005, 1:33 PM
I picked up the Charlesworth DVD #3 and a Lie-Nielsen Miter Plane last Friday. (I am guessing if Charlesworth talked only 15% faster, he could make put at least 4 times the information on a single DVD)

The Miter Plane is one heck of a tool. I spent about 25 strokes trying to get a 90d edge on a piece of pine. Couldn't get it right.

Put a piece of 3/8" plywood down on the workbench, dogged the pine to the plywood and in 3 strokes had a perfect 90d edge on the pine.

Steve Beadle
04-19-2005, 7:59 PM
I've got his second book on Fine furniture techniques checked out from library -- its a good read and he is down to earth on a lot of stuff. I bet the DVD is good - thanks for the info....
The second Charlesworth book has an article on shooting, and has most all the key points of the 3rd video, as I recollect. I can relate to the video a little better, however. He's a very good teacher, and I like his slow, deliberate style.