PDA

View Full Version : 4 x 4

Michelle Rich
10-21-2012, 9:07 AM
OK Baxter, sock it to me...:D Remember I'm old and 1/2 the time on these I am working blind from the other side, so I can't see what I'm doing...my tools are simple..i even used an egg beater drill to make the holes. :)

This is macacauba wood about 8 inches in diameter..i have named it 4x4 as it has 4 designs on each "side".

Hope ya'll like this version of my signature negative space designs and are intrigued by it.

Bernie Weishapl
10-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Michelle I do like this one. Really nicely done. I always like seeing these.

Steve Schlumpf
10-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Great design Michelle! I looked at and compared both the 2x4 and 4x4 and think I like the 2x4 a little more because of the way you rounded things. It may just be my monitor... but rounded edges give the piece much more of a 3D feel. Only my opinion.

Michelle Rich
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
I agree Steve. But I did not want to make them all the same..they are going in a show and i wanted a diverse look. Your opinion is a good one. I appreciate that you expressed it.

Baxter Smith
10-22-2012, 8:40 AM
Sorry it took so long for me to see this Michele. I fell asleep here at the computer.:) Looks good to me though I am just waking up.;):D
Went back and looked at the 4 x 2 as well to check out what Steve mentioned. At least in pictures, the rounded one does look a little more lifelike. Good luck with your show. It would be neat to see all of them side by side.

Michelle Rich
10-22-2012, 9:06 AM
good morning Baxter..glad you are up & attem !! It always amazes me what folks see & what they do not. 4x2 is "airier" as the rounding process (which is VERY time consuming) opens space. Folks like that. Folks like curves/spirals and very good well balanced geometrics. Some like color, others demand only natural wood and perfect round objects. it's a hard room in which to play!!
Appreciate you waking up and commenting!! :-) :-0