PDA

View Full Version : Dang hose!!!!!

Fred Voorhees
04-18-2005, 9:36 PM
Will someone explain to me why we can put a man on the moon, but we can't invent a pressure washer hose that will work "WITH" you! Been sneaking in some sessions of pressure washing my house in-between other tasks and every time I do it, I am forced to put up with a stiff and unforgiving hose that wants to curl and catch on every little thing around. I guess it must have something to do with the pressure of the water inside, but I don't know, I just wanted to blow off some steam.

John Miliunas
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Will someone explain to me why we can put a man on the moon, but we can't invent a pressure washer hose that will work "WITH" you! Been sneaking in some sessions of pressure washing my house in-between other tasks and every time I do it, I am forced to put up with a stiff and unforgiving hose that wants to curl and catch on every little thing around. I guess it must have something to do with the pressure of the water inside, but I don't know, I just wanted to blow off some steam.

Yeah Fred, I sympathise with you! The worst part is that, even after you get done using the stupid thing, the hose is still going in every which direction but the one you want it to go in!:mad: :) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
04-19-2005, 8:26 AM
I just used one last weekend. I agree with you! That hose SURE is a pain!! Fight it the whole time you are using it, then you have to fight it to get it to coil to put away!!

Jim Becker
04-19-2005, 8:28 AM
"Cost". They could make hoses like the Coilhose Flexeel air hoses, but I guess that would raise the price of the machine and reduce sales...'nature of the world we live in.

Fred Voorhees
04-19-2005, 8:47 PM
John and Jeff, I am so glad to see that I am not alone. And yes, you are so correct in saying that it is just as much a PITA when you try to coil it back up to store it. I have my wife stand back with the wand as far as the hose allows and she twists it to keep the hose from coiling. The sad thing is, it STILL manages to raise my blood pressure! The good news is that I finished the rest of the house today after work and I shouldn't have to deal with it again until I choose.