PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Job Control - Rotary

Mark Sipes
10-20-2012, 1:44 PM
I was up early this morning working on a 180 each swirl glass globes job. Requires the image to be lasered in between the lines of 2 swirling colors. Each globe is different is swirl size and placement since the solid globes are hand made. Finding the center between the colors was causing me some heart ache until I discovered that if you move the item ( rotary ) to the X, Y of the center of the globe where you want the image, assuming you have positioned the graphic to the center of the globe and adjusted the Z . The setting for the location of the lazer pointer will be the location where all the like jobs should be set. So the center of the image on the globe for all the items are X = 7.2" and Y = 1.7". When you start the job the laser will move to machine 0,0 but laser the job right where it should be.... No new news here, right. but if you push the manual go to button with the 7.2 and 1.7 settings while the job is running... the laser head moves to the image center after running the job. Ready for the placement of the next item.... What a time saver.........

Mike Null
10-21-2012, 9:00 AM
Mark

does "return to start" do that as well?

Mark Sipes
10-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Mike where is this setting found?? button, switch, setting??? I find no reference to the "return to start" command in the manual. (Control- ?)

Thanks

Mike Null
10-22-2012, 8:55 AM
Mark
Here it is.

Mark Sipes
10-22-2012, 1:21 PM
Well I guess since my machine is 2 generations old and the Version of JC is antique, that option is not available... but it is good to see the software engineers were looking out for the user when they upgrade the programs..

Thanks....