PDA

View Full Version : MiniMax on line

Bob Potter
10-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Hello
I tried to look up MiniMax on line which I have looked up many times and no matter what I did it came up the same thing,account expired. Typing in MiniMax on Google search still wouldn't work. Can any body tell me what's going on?

Thanks, Bob

Bob Potter
10-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Correction I said it wrong it said account suspended.
Bob

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Bob...I don't have a clue but I have an email address for a high level executive there and we have an active member here that works for Mini-Max.

Let me do some research.

Bob Potter
10-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Thank you Ken

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2012, 12:32 AM
In as much as I own a MM-16...I have some personal interest too.

It could be something as simple as a website fee expired without anybody noticing it in advance, etc.....

I sent our active member an email. If I don't hear from him, I'll send an email to the executive that sold me my MM-16 years ago before he was a manager/executive.

J.R. Rutter
10-20-2012, 1:29 AM
Looks like they have a lot of MiniMax equipment on the new SCM Group web site:

www.scmgroupna.com/

In fact, it looks like they have added a few pieces and dropped others. Go to products and refine search for just Brand: MiniMax. Maybe they are consolidating?

Rick Fisher
10-20-2012, 2:45 AM
If they are consolidating .. they would normally link the Mini Max site to the SCM Site..

Its suspended..

Michael Koons
10-20-2012, 1:46 PM
It's interesting, site's still down. I noticed their online presence wasn't the best when I researched my SC4 TS. Hammer/Felder online presence (pricing, videos, specs) was much better.

Every time I send an email to my rep, seems like they're having server issues.

But man, I love their products!

Stephen Cherry
10-20-2012, 5:19 PM
In case anybody was worried, the Martin sit is still up:

http://www.martin-usa.com/

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2012, 5:24 PM
I haven't heard a word from the normally active member here that is employed by MM so I just emailed the general manager who when he was a salesman sold me my MM-16.

A year ago there was some rumors about Mini-Max changing ownership and he answered my email saying that there was no change in ownership. SCM had bought another company some years prior and was just consolidating that other company into the SCM group. It's very possbile that MM is being consolidated into the SCM group.

Mike Hollingsworth
10-20-2012, 5:27 PM
Odd.
No Sam

Steven Hsieh
10-20-2012, 7:01 PM
I hope they dont get rid of the MM20

Jim Seyfried
10-20-2012, 7:12 PM
I hope they dont get rid of the MM20

I just had one delivered Tuesday, Sam emailed me yesterday asking how delivery went...a week or so ago he said that they would be on sale at the end of the year.

Mike Heidrick
10-20-2012, 7:31 PM
Odd.
No Sam

Sam has not worked there in a long time.

J.R. Rutter
10-20-2012, 8:31 PM
If they are consolidating .. they would normally link the Mini Max site to the SCM Site..

Its suspended..

Maybe someone just screwed up.

I haven't heard a word from the normally active member here that is employed by MM so I just emailed the general manager who when he was a salesman sold me my MM-16.

A year ago there was some rumors about Mini-Max changing ownership and he answered my email saying that there was no change in ownership. SCM had bought another company some years prior and was just consolidating that other company into the SCM group. It's very possbile that MM is being consolidated into the SCM group.

MiniMax has always been part of SCM Group, no?

Bob Potter
10-20-2012, 8:37 PM
Thank's to all who responded to this. Before I just went to MiniMax USA and there was all there products plus video's. Anyway this works and again thank you all.

Bob

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2012, 8:47 PM
Maybe someone just screwed up.

MiniMax has always been part of SCM Group, no?

J.R.,

Yes Mini-Max has always been part of the SCM group but.....In January 2011 a similar rumor was started here at SMC that MM had been sold because they were returning to headquarters from Austin, TX to Georgia and I emailed the US general manager then. He sold me my MM-16 just prior to be promoted to management. He responded that SCM owned various ww companies including MM. Though they were being operated independently, one bought in 2006 was being merged directly into the SCM group. Today, I wondered if maybe the company was furthering the effort along that lines.

It appears the website is back online. My main reason for even contacting the guy is to stop the spread of misinformation that too often
happens.

In todays economic conditions, overreaction to a simple mistake or incident can cost a company dearly.

J.R. Rutter
10-20-2012, 9:33 PM
Things do get amplified rather quickly. Thanks for clarifying, Ken.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2012, 10:12 PM
My apologies...it appears the website isn't working.

Hopefully I will hear from the general manager soon. I will report back when I do.

Erik Loza
10-21-2012, 5:59 PM
Ken, thanks for the email. I've been out of town and just got it. We're still here, nothing to worry about. Someone in Atlanta probably just failed to update payment or whatever with the hosting service for that site. I'll check into it right away.

As Ken pointed out, customers can always reach a/your Minimax rep through the toll free number on the North American SCM Group homepage. Thanks again for the heads-up.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Bob Potter
10-21-2012, 9:11 PM
Just checked MiniMax USA is back on line.

Bob

Bob Potter
10-21-2012, 9:20 PM
Just checked MiniMax USA is back on line.

Bob

Lewis Justis
10-21-2012, 9:21 PM
Try this: it sent me right to it
http://www.minimax-usa.com

Erik Loza
10-21-2012, 9:59 PM
Thanks everyone. As suspected, headquarters just needed to update billing info for the hosting service. Appreciate the heads-up.

Best,

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Rick Fisher
10-22-2012, 4:58 AM
Someone is sweeping the parking lot for the rest of the month .. :)

Erik Loza
10-22-2012, 7:39 AM

Nothing can top the time when the (then) new warehouse guy dropped not one, but TWO, 20" planers from the forklift in the same day. I believe it was his first and last day on the job.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Andrew Pitonyak
10-22-2012, 10:13 AM

Not until the toilettes are clean

Rick Fisher
10-22-2012, 9:59 PM
Nothing can top the time when the (then) new warehouse guy dropped not one, but TWO, 20" planers from the forklift in the same day. I believe it was his first and last day on the job.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

I don't assume those bounce well..