PDA

View Full Version : Was wondering what to do with my rewards point... Hint to Rob Lee

Brian Ashton
10-19-2012, 8:15 PM
I have a mountain of rewards points piling up and was scrolling through the rewards website and in the end thought there's nothing I want from any of it. Don't even want any of the gift certificates on offer by the various retail outlets...

BUT! if there were Lee Valley gift cards that I could put my point to I'd be a very happy chappy... and would take away the burden of trying to figure out what to do with all those points.

Listening Rob? :)

Jim Belair
10-19-2012, 9:13 PM
I think you hit on the essence of points programs Brian. The rewards are mostly things people don't want.

We WANT what Rob has!

Full points for trying though. :)

Brian Kerley
10-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Most credit card companies will let you redeem your points for a Visa/MC/AMEX preloaded card with cash on it. Get one of those, and use that.

Though, I find my reward program screws you on converting to gift cards. If you ask for a check for the points in their dollar value, you get more than if you redeem it for a gift card anywhere.

brian c miller
10-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Cab you just apply the points to your balance? Then you could get what you want and use the points to payoff the card.

My rewards card has that option?